• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sport Tour de France 2016

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Petra, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

And I really didn't want to see something like that ever. Not what we expected from this stage.
    A thing like that can brake you down for the rest of the tour.

2. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

Craziness!

3. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

What the hell happened there today and why has Quintana got 7 seconds deducted from his finishing time?

Mollema got out of this craziness the best and is now punished by the Jury imo.

4. Gavin

Gavin Member

Was that the craziest finish to a tour stage you've ever seen? Froome running up Vontoux.... madness. I'm thinking with the race distance shortened that it led to spectators moving down the mountain to the new finishing area which led to overcrowding. I mean it got very tight in between spectators. The drama of it all. Poor Dan Martin got cuaght out big time.

5. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Hire the Spanish Guardia Civil to regulate the crowd and within a week no more supporters will interfere with the race :)

@Gavin craziest finish ever!

6. Morten Wernersen

Morten Wernersen Member

And the internet has replied :p
    [​IMG]

Paul Garrett, Flaviu and Jim Layee like this.
  7. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

That'll be the WADA lion =D
    @Bram Quintana got penalised for grabbing hold of a spare wheel on the neutral service motorbike

8. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa Member

If he was penalised the time was added not deducted. The jury took the times at 1 km before the finish so just before the incident involving Froome, Porte and Mollema. Mollema clearly was done wrong here but luckily the dutchies did amazing today with Tom's win and Mollema's rise to 2nd in the gc...

9. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein Active Member

They just showed live onboard pictures a few minutes ago, so it seems they are working on it. I guess the weight is the biggest issue.