• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sport Tour de France 2016

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Petra, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Petra

Petra Well-Known Member

Cmni1bQWgAAw1I0.jpg
    Photofinish! Distance between Coquard & Kittel: 2,8 cm!!

CmnEXEnWYAAfNBl.jpg

Bram Hengeveld likes this.
  2. Petra

Petra Well-Known Member

On-board highlights stage 5!

3. Petra

Petra Well-Known Member

CmsP6aEWIAAtRoO.jpg

Cms5B52WIAA3Zku.jpg

4. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

The more I look at these onboard videos the more I miss them at the daily TV coverage. Having these images live on TV would make cycling such a more attractive sport to watch. Fabulous.

5. Tim Engberink

Tim Engberink Member

This Greg van Avermaet really surprised me in a positive way. What a lad! Also interesting how he managed to ride that well in two consecutive stages.

6. Bram Hengeveld

That's the power of the Yellow Jersey I think. I am pretty sure you and me would be able to perform fantastic as well wearing that outfit in front of the world. Besides that Greg really is an outstanding classic rider. Hope he will stay in yellow for a long time.

Tim Engberink likes this.
  7. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

OMG, what a race !!!!!! What a downhill !!! Pity for Greg, but ... what a downhil for Froome !!!!! I was scared in front of TV looking at that speed :). Tomorow another great day.

General Krull likes this.
  8. Burke Wells

Burke Wells Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, that was awesome. Seeing him aero-tucked down on the top tube AND STILL pedaling hard at 50 mph was awe-inspiring. The mountain stages are just amazing stuff.

Flaviu likes this.
  9. Tim Engberink

Tim Engberink Member

Chris Froome just gave a flip to everyone and even though 20s isn't really that much this early on. He still gives everyone something to think about as this is definitely a mental boost in general for him but also for the whole Sky team. Hoping for Quintana to recover though, he makes everything look so easy uphill.

Flaviu likes this.
  10. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

After this stage I suppose Nairo will sleep with Froome in same bad :p. He was glued to Froome from start to finish. I'm very sorry for Contador. Le Tour will not be the same without him. Hope he will be back in Vuelta :sun:.

11. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

A great victory for Tom Dumoulin and Dan Martin was awesome on the last kilometers of the race.
    Tomorrow is rest day so it is our turn to go out on the road :cool:

12. Tim Engberink

Tim Engberink Member

If only it was actually decent weather for once here in the Netherlands I'd agree and go cycling.
    Tom Dumoulin had a great, great escape. Didn't think he'd hang on for 12/13 km's but he made it stick. I also suppose that Quintana heard all the farts Froome made.:D

Flaviu likes this.
  13. Bram Hengeveld

One thing I don't understand. Today the riders climbed over the biggest mountain of this years TdF and the TV coverage hadn't started yet.

How can you place such a giant of a mountain in the opening meters of a stage and don't register it. #fail

14. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

Agree totally with you. Tomorrow it is better planed stage (12) with Mount Ventoux at the finish with full TV coverage

[​IMG]
    I hope to see some nice fight here. Maybe Quintana will finally face Froome. And, I personally (don't know why) think Bardet will show us something

15. Bram Hengeveld

16. Bram Hengeveld

Big big big respect to Froome today who wrecked the entire peloton on a flat stage. Very impressive.

Flaviu likes this.
  17. Tim Engberink

Tim Engberink Member

What! HOW ON EARTH! Froome has just rekt every classification rider, mentally especially if not physically. What a performance, can't wait for the Ventoux tomorrow.

Flaviu likes this.
  18. Morten Wernersen

Morten Wernersen Member

that was an exiting stage! :D
    Everyone was just smashed when they crossed the finishline, I just hope Froom dident use to much effort for those 7 sek. there is a mountain finish tomorrow, if it's not canceled.

19. Bram Hengeveld

Today's one can be even better I think :)

20. Morten Wernersen

Morten Wernersen Member

well that was different :O I've never seen anything like it