• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Other The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Last year I think I drove almost every day of the month of December. Good temperatures, dry, some concessional sun here and there.

What a difference this year. I have the feeling it has been raining for over a month now lol. Got two weeks of flu in between as well and hardly did any riding.

Got some catching up to do soon!

2. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

December has sucked so far, so much rain. Today I commuted in heavy snowfall (in plus temperatures) while experiencing a strong headwind. If this continues, I'll move to somewhere hotter and sunnier...like Scotland or something...

Flaviu, Orione532 and Bram like this.
  3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Or Iceland :)

4. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

This year has been the dryer I can recall. Our biggest lake is 3 to 4 meter below hydrometric zero and the navigation has been suspended.

So if someone wants to move....

5. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Rivers are almost flooding here due to all the melting water of the excessive snowfall this week.

Tomorrow is looking to be dry so finally time for a ride with hopefully some sun as well.

6. James

James Active Member

Well, we did get our once every decade snow last week. Yes, snow in Houston, Texas. An inch or so that was melted an hour or so after sunrise, but snow nonetheless. Aside from that, a little cooler than usual as I've had to break out the cold weather gear more than I want. This time of year is a mixed bag - one day it can be 50+ (10 C) or cooler, the next over 25 C.

7. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    SNOW IN TEXAS??????
    next news could be: James Harden is defending!

8. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

I want to move to Texas, 10 degrees C is like summer and shorts here!

9. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

10. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

We had a good chunk of snow here so I went for a play on my Trice, tonnes of over steer fun but there's very little grip when trying to climb. The recumbent trikes are so much fun in the snow.

11. James

James Active Member

It was 22 C for the ride this morning, so while winter riding can be great, not sure you'd want to experience our summers. Typically 23 C or warmer at 6 or 7 in the morning, dew points around the same or a few degrees lower (so 90-100% humidity), and a few hours later, say 10 to 11 AM, it's a balmy 32+ C with the dew point unchanged. It's brutal, with no cooling from sweating. I can easily lose 2 kg of sweat an hour that time of year, and my power output is down at least 10% in those hot and humid months. It makes July to September miserable.

12. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

this is my propsition:

Winter inTexas
    Spring in Italy
    Summer in Denmark
    Autumn in Andalusia

If someone wants to go to ski..... WRONG FORUM DUDE!!!!!

Flaviu likes this.
  13. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

If I had all the money in the world, I'd have a house at each of those locations and continously move around to keep the good weather.
    I went to Arizona with work a few years ago on a survival course, 47c in the shade, 76c in the sun. I nearly died...

14. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

These are the perfect conditions to sublimate!!!!!

15. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Yes please!

16. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

Wonderful day to ride to work. -1°C clear sky....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Flaviu and Bram like this.
  17. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

And just to let you know now I am freezing wet because it is raining frozen water... kharma is a bi...!!!!!

Flaviu likes this.
  18. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

And thats why us northernes buy ourselves poor in proper raingear clothing ;), especially if you commute!

19. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

And that's Scandinavian people outsmart me!!!!!!!!

:blush:

20. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Still crap weather here.