• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech Squirt Dry Lube in the winter?

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram Hengeveld, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

I have been using Squirt the entire summer and I must say I am really impressed with it. No more dirty chain with wet oil. No more endless degreasing getting it all off the chain.

But with the winter rapidly approaching I am wondering what to do. With the current wet weather I have switched back to classic wet lube and after one offroad ride my chain is already a freaking mess again. Should I just stick with Squirt during the wet days as well and just re-lube more often?

2. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Senior Member

I use squirt all year round and just reapply as often as necessary. Can't say I've noticed any disadvantage. In fact not having a gunky chain is well worth it!

Bram Hengeveld likes this.
  3. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

I'm just using a teflon based lube, HHS5000. Works perfect, but needs reapplying a little more often than wet lube. Used wet lube once, never touching that stuff again. Absolutely cakes the drivetrain.

Bram Hengeveld likes this.