• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Small Report of my Nederlandeese holyday

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Orione532, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

I knew it was a huge risk for me but I went there anyway...
    Saturday July the 7th:
    03:50AM wake up and transfer to Malpensa Airport, 06:20 the Easyjet flight took off regularly to Amsterdam Schipol. 08:10 Landing in Amsterdam, train to Lalylaan then tram to Overtoom. So very easy. Breakfast and first approach to the city. First shock the cyclist in Amsterdam are crazy, the drive like they are fighting for the gold medal at the Olympics, Second shock helmets aren't compulsory on 50cc :eek: third shock.. people SMILES!!!!!! :heart_eyes:
    The city looked nice but very busy and full of italians shitheads lokking for weed :triumph:
    Saturday we walked for 15kms, and at 22:30 the sky was so clear, the Museumplan was so nice that I almost cryed.
    Sunday July the 8th:
    My wife told me: would you like to take a bike? DUH o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
    We went up North discovering some nice villages over Amsterdam Noord
    (the signs were there but I didn't catch it)
    Monday July the 9th:
    We decided to go outside Amsterdam. I asked at a guy from the hotel what in his opinion could be the nicest place di visit between Haarlem and Volendam. Harlem won easy so we went there and IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT :heart::heart::heart:
    The place is amazing, it has history, the small streets are astonishing, we eat in an organic cafetteria, but what really drove me crazy was the man at the Touristic information. A 60ish man, very kind and super polite gave me tons of info about the city and in the end he asked me where I was from. I said Italy and he said me "Thank you for speaking English." :no_mouth:
    Anyway we stayed in Haarlem for some hours then we took the train again to Zaandvort. The North See is something I am not used to. It is so different from the Mediterrean...
    Tuesday July the 10th:
    Showers on Amsterdam, but perfect day to hit some museums. (Nemo, Naval museum etc) but on the evening the sky got clear and we went on a canal cruise. AMAZING
    Wenesday July the 11th:
    Last day in The Netherlands. We went at flower market, we got lazy on Leidsplain and in the afternoon we got back to Italy in a hot, sticky weather.

What can I say... I learned a lot in four days, for example Dutch are generally very polite and very smile-y. Olanda is the italian name for the Netherlands and is WRONG because Holland is a small part of the Country... bloody hell, so I started to call it Paesi Bassi ;)
    Their fight against the sea to gain land brought a general respect for the environment and the historic struggles with othe european powers improved the will of a society to constantly grow. I was very happy to visit this Country (that in 1992 broked my heart) and we will probably come back.
    I'd like to tank all the Dutches on the forum. Chapeau for your amazing Country.

Igor
    :party::party::party::party:

PS: sorry for the long post

2. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

We broke theirs in the semi-final... :p

Jim Layee likes this.
  3. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

I was talking olympic games in man volleyball
    I remember Giani hitting the band and the best italian team EVER winning silver

:joy:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  4. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

How can you visit the Netherlands without stepping by at CyclingDepartment Headquaters? :)

Glad you had a great time here. The weather was best as it could possibly be :)