• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTB Show us your mountain bike(s)

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram Hengeveld, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Member

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be easing into the trail stuff, it takes a different set of skills than riding around the neighborhood that's for sure. Can't wait to try some of them out though, and hopefully meet some fellow bikers. I found a few Facebook groups that ride them regularly and schedule group rides so I plan to get in on some of those with the hopes some of the regulars can teach me the ropes.

2. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

Excellent plan. I may do the same, but I have plenty of co-workers who MTB aswell, so I'll stick with them for now. Also a great way to build friendships outside of work :)

Brandon Wright likes this.
  3. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

@Brandon Wright nice blue missile ;)
    ps also nice job in Cleveland last night :D

4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Member

Love my blue missile! :) I don't follow basketball though, sorry. :confused: I know, sacrilege for a Hoosier but they lost me after the brawl in Detroit.

5. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

Aaand, I'm a MTB owner aswell now! A lovely Trek Fuel EX 7 2018 model. Took it for its maiden voyage yesterday and I absolutely love it. Does have a few little things I need to change/adjust, but overall its a joy to ride :heart_eyes: 20180427_124109.jpg
    20180427_124128.jpg

6. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Yeah, I bet you love it. Sweet bike!

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Member

Nice one!

8. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

:) I absolutely love it to :broken_heart:
    Please don't be mad on me :party::party::party:
    I know it is all your's :):):):)
    Have a lot of great and beautiful rides with her :sun::sun::sun:

9. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Well-Known Member

10. NoobOnTour

Iam asking because iam on the lookout for a new MTB.
    So far there are three options:

Radon skeen trail (no boost)
    Canyon neuron
    Trek fuel ex

I like the idea of the apb (active breaking point), and the re:aktiv rear suspention on the trek

11. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

Honestly? I dont know. I dont have any experience on anything than the ABP system. But I guess it works, I feel no suspension difference in the rear while braking vs. when not.
    The rear suspension on mine is not the re:aktiv, you'd need the EX 8 and up for that, but the damper and linkage setup is very good and very supple. Its so good actually, for the price, that the fork cant keep up.
    A friend of mine bought the Neuron and is very pleased with it. The gears were setup totally wrong, it was ghost shifting so bad it required a complete readjustment at a bike shop to get it to work, but other than that, it works well.
    Out of those three, I'd choose either the Trek or the Canyon. I went with the Trek because the local bikeshop carries Trek and I got a good price.
    One thing I've learned, especially in our northern, colder part of Europe, is spraying silicone on the stanchions, rear damper tube and the dropper right before the ride. The suspension gets super supple and the dropper speed increases a lot. Just remember to wipe it off again after the ride is over.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    NoobOnTour likes this.
  12. NoobOnTour

@Jan Larsen Thank you!

I have enough time to think about it...
    Right now the trek is in lead :D

13. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

Hi guys,
    I thought it was time to retire my 24 year old "mountain bike". It was a difficult break :sob:. I got a 29" Cannondale Trail 5 and what can I say. I love it so far :heart:
    upload_2019-11-22_11-5-14.png

14. Velo Wringer

Velo Wringer Well-Known Member

Very nice! Time to get dirty :yum

Flaviu likes this.
  15. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

That looks great! Whole new world, I'd bet.

Flaviu likes this.
  16. NoobOnTour

Loooove the colour :heart_eyes:

Flaviu likes this.
  17. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

What can I say? Can't wait for weekend to go on hills :yum.
    I discovered, here, some very beautiful places to ride:heart_eyes:
    upload_2019-11-24_21-31-17.png upload_2019-11-24_21-31-17.png