• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CX / Gravel racks, bags & mudguards

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by NoobOnTour, Dec 15, 2017.

1. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Well-Known Member

hi guys,
    any racks, bags & mudguards you can recommend or maybe want to warn buying them? maybe some pointers?

I think about buying a "tubus fly evo" as a rack and "vaude aqua back" or "ortlieb back roller" as bags.
    Ive got no clue about which mudguards to buy...

Any ideas? ;)

regards Sascha

2. NoobOnTour

are you all using backpacks for commuting to work? :)

3. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

I am, I was originally searching for a specific bike pack, but decided to stick with the trusty backpacking pack I've used for many years, the thing just wont die. For training/exploring rides, I use a top tube mounted bag to hold the essentials and my phone. I dont use fenders as whatever I do, my eyes wont let me install any... :p

4. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

Ortleib panniers are amazing, mine have done many miles without any hassles . The Rollers are really flexible for load size.
    Tubus racks have a great reputation but the Fly Evo is only for light loads. What are you planning to carry?
    When it comes to mudguards I swear by SKS.

5. NoobOnTour

i want to use it for my ride to work maybe sometimes to get something from the supermarket but nothing special.
    Until now iam riding with a backpack but after a couple of kilometers my back is soaked.
    the 20kg carrying capacity of the fly evo should be enough.
    I should scale our weekly purchase at the supermarket to get a better feeling for the possible weight.