• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTB Pictures of your latest mountain bike ride

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Sep 2, 2016.

1. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

These new trails are soooo good. Smooth, fast+flowing with just the right amount of technical rocky sections to keep you on your toes. 8 miles on the road from my house makes a nice warm up. Left before 7am to beat the heat and July 4th crowds. One of the few times I was glad to have 5am insomnia.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    Purpose built for mountain biking, and it's obvious when you ride them.
    Ended up with 23 miles total, about 10 on trails.

NoobOnTour, Flaviu and Jan Larsen like this.
  2. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

With perfect weather for a long time now, I decided to visit one of the nearby trails. Second time here, I snapped some photos while riding around :)

The trailhead which featured both the mtb trail (next to the big sign) aswell as running/walking/horse trails. This place has a bit of everything for every outdoor person.
    20180801_152624.jpg
    A typical view of the trail which snakes its way through the large forest, here its right before a small downhill section.
    20180801_152742.jpg
    Basically the same here as above, just in the other end of the forest.
    20180801_153144.jpg
    Some transport bits here aswell which had nice views on either side and a perfect opportunity to get a breather. Hot though with no wind.
    20180801_152306.jpg

This little hill was a hidden black, short, 40 degree descent. It intimidated me whilst looking at it, but since the ground was soft, I decided to try it out since crashing would be relatively painless. Thankfully I made it and redid it several time trying to learn braking and weight shifting technique. Good fun!
    20180801_153427.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  3. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Looks like some good fast singletrack there.

4. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

Yep, it is. Mostly XC stuff, but a few good trail features too.

arthur666 likes this.