• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Petra, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Yes please!

Welcome aboard @Rob Moore ! Great intro!

2. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here you are. Fresh out the box Cannondale System Six DuraAce Disk 2019. With the 'Training wheels' on o_O.
    Getting ENVE SES 7.8 wheels for racing!

Feel incredibly lucky to have such amazing team and sponsors. Now its upto the legs. Hard work makes the dream work!

Off to sunny Calpe next week, last chance to get this body into shape before the racing starts.

Came 2nd at the Portsdown Hill sporting 16.5mile time trial on Sunday so something is going ok.

3. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

That looks mouth-wateringly good :heart_eyes:

4. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Member

Yes, rode it for the first time this morning and... holy cr@p it's FAST!

5. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

I would give my least useful bodypart to get a ride on that thing!

Flaviu and Rob Moore like this.
  6. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Member

Took a lot of hard work to earn the privilege.

I've got it for 2 seasons then the team sell it on at cost price to pay back the sponsorship agreement. This is how it usually works. I do not own it but have to look after it and keep it spotless fully working for the weekend races. All as described in my contract. Crashes happen but the team has insurance for that.

That basically means i can't train on it day in day out too much to reduce wear and tear.

But yeah probably the best bike ive ever had the pleasure to ride. I had a Specialized Sworks Venge in 2012-13 which i paid for personally, which was the fastest bike i've had with maybe the S Works Tarmac SL 4 in 2014 a close second. But this is something else.

Flaviu likes this.
  7. Miguel Batista

Miguel Batista New Member

Hello, saw this forum mentioned in the fitness thread at racedepartment and decided it was a good idea to join.

I am Miguel, currently living in Brighton, work in IT, ride a Basso Venta which is the best bike in the world (because it is mine) and enjoy nice sunny rides in the UK. Climate Change seems to be giving us more of those and today I went in a glorious bike ride under the spatters that the local weather report informed. Very loooong spatters... That culminated in hail just for a laugh.

Anyway, getting fit, getting better and hope to actually do some racing in the near future. Otherwise I am just doing 30 mile hotlaps.

8. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

30 mile hoplaps...after 30 miles, I'm done :dizzy:

arthur666 likes this.
  9. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Member

Welcome mate, sounds like you are getting well into it!

Let me know, if you do want to start racing road or time trials especially, I can show you the ropes what to do etc. Check out BritishCycling.Org.Uk in the mean time. You need a silver membership and a licence to start racing road events. Time trials are a seperate organisation Cyclingtimetrials.Org.Uk. You dont need a licence to do TTs just enter events. In the UK many people start racing timetrials first. Doing a few regular 10 mile TTs is a good into if your worried about bunch racing.

Recommend finding some local club rides as well to learn how to ride in groups properly and meet the regular locals, you'll end up racing them anyway. Look up Brighton Mitre CC as a start there are plenty other clubs as well around Brighton.