• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Petra, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Luckily we don't have any hills in this country :)

2. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

Edited for no good reason

3. Seria17hri11er

Seria17hri11er New Member

Howdy.

Name's Nick. I'm from California, but currently live in Birmingham, Alabama. I started mountain biking when I was in Japan. Epic terrain there, which I dearly miss. I actually haven't ridden in like a year--2 young kids you see...

But, I love Freeride and Downhill--my user name is Serial Thriller for a reason :D I actually got to freeride the bottom portion of Mt. Fuji several times. It was wicked.

Here is a snip of my bike back in Japan--an 06 Yeti ASX (with a crappy Manitou fork):

[​IMG]

Cheers

4. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

Hey nick,

Beautiful scenery!

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  5. Bram Hengeveld

6. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Senior Member

Welcome Nick :)

7. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

@Seria17hri11er , glad you're here!
    Yes, kids will knock you off your bike, figuratively and literally. But I'm starting to take my oldest trail riding, and it can be really fun for both of us. I can see him dropping me on climbs in a few years. That'll be weird. :)

8. Seria17hri11er

Seria17hri11er New Member

Thanks :). That's awesome. I bet it can be fun. Hopefully my kids will want to ride. I've got quite a long while before I can take them. 3 and 1 year old.

Bram Hengeveld and arthur666 like this.
  9. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    Iam Sascha(29y) from Troisdorf, Germany. I found you searching for the ROSE Pro Cross, read Brams post about his height and thought "another tall fellow"... i have to write him!
    Now Iam staying :p
    I plan on starting to commute with my bike to work. For that reason I want a new bike. I always liked the idea of getting a road bike but remained with my mtb everytime. At this time I think a cross bike would suit my needs best.
    I also added you to my strava to get motivated :innocent:

kind regards
    Sascha

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  10. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

Welcome Sascha

11. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

Yep, welcome! :). You wont regret getting a cross bike, it basically goes through anything and any weather.

12. Bram Hengeveld

Welcome @NoobOnTour ! Really looking forward seeing the Orange Monster in action soon!

13. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Senior Member

Welcome Sascha. Great to have you on board. Nice to have another tall guy to hide behind! :)

Bram Hengeveld likes this.
  14. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Well-Known Member

Thank you guys ;)

Bram Hengeveld likes this.
  15. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

Hi people,
    I just realized that I have started write on this forum without a proper introdution.
    So here I am.
    My name is Igor and I live in Northern Italy, in a land between Milan and Varese. I'm 40 years old and I am employed as a Policeman. I used to be Mountain Rescue technician in Cervinia and bikes are my passion.
    I love to ride with my wife close to rivers, dams and lakes (that we have in abbundance).
    I like to know people, expecially foreign; in my opinion encountering other cultures is an incredible enrichment so I took a degree in Cultural mediation and I speak Italian, English, Spanish and a bit of German and French.
    Out of curiosity Orione532 was my radio code when I was deployed in Former Yugoslavia ad Peace Enforcing international force.

Thank you for having me on the forum.
    Igor

16. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Senior Member

I wondered where your name came from!

Great to have you :)

17. Bram Hengeveld

Thanks for the intro @Orione532. Ill be sure to behave now seeing you are with the police :)

Orione532 likes this.
  18. Bram Hengeveld

New members don't be shy to introduce yourself here. We love to hear who you are, what you are riding, what your goals are etc.