• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sport How are we going to Zwift this winter?

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram Hengeveld, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Has the Zwift software already a toolkit that allows us to host our own races?

2. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Well-Known Member

I dont know about that... But what is your zwift setup anyway? :innocent:

3. Bram Hengeveld

I am postponing to use mine as long as possible. I like riding outside way too much!

But I have a Tacx Neo since last year and use it in combination with my laptop. Oh and a fan of course.

4. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Member

Hey Bram, been away from all this for a long time, work went a bit wild, I ended up leaving and then setup a new architecture business on my own in the UK, so been quite distracted.

Anyway had a look at this again and Zwift still is not letting people organise their own events directly. You have to go through them to set something up. Shame really.

You can however arrange your own private group meetups through the Zwift companion app.

Also did you see the Zwift National champs that was put on last year in the uk? It was massive and had TV coverage etc, but it all ended in a bit of a disaster as the guy who won cheated and got retrospectively disqualified. (he used a bot to get powerups without grinding through the levels like everyone else).

Bram Hengeveld likes this.
  5. Bram Hengeveld

Wow, was that during an onsite or online final? If the former that's quite a shocker!

6. Bram Hengeveld

Sold my Tacx btw as I really don't use it enough. I prefer to be outside :)

Rob Moore likes this.
  7. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Member

So the guy used a bot (i. E. He did not ride his bike personally) to gain the special zwift bike you only get when you complete the everest climbing challenge.

Its one of the most aero bikes in the game which ontop of the aero powerup can get you good results in the final sprint.

Hes a very strong guy and needs to be to even compete or be with the top guys for the finish line at that level but this cheat was found out after the champion jersey was handed out etc and he was subsequently disqualified well after the event.

Made the whole thing a complete farse on a professional level of sport anyway. But it proves that Zwift is open to so many loop holes.

They did cover the biggest issue of the rider power / weight by creating a zwift certified rider setup. I. E. You would not be allowed to race unless you had sent them all your data and weight etc, and weigh in before the event, must use a smart turbo from a small list etc. Most riders were decent named professional or semi professional. But obviously the need to work on it more.

Hope its reputation isnt completely destroyed though as a esport.

Its absolutely classic though, the cycling version of esport suffering from cheating right from the very start.

I mean this is probably why they are not opening up a competition system fully just yet.

8. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Member

Thats no bad thing, I rely on it far too much, living in London i'm getting allergic to the ride out to nice lanes. Only at weekends now.

9. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Member

Oh and worth saying i think British Cycling our National professional cycling body disqualified him, not Zwift.