• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech Hey big brands! Where are your XXL roadbike frames?

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram Hengeveld, Sep 10, 2019 at 2:32 PM.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

It's getting retarder each cycling season. None of the big brands seem to offer a decent 64cm'ish XXL frame in their line-up anymore.

Cyclists like myself, who are near or over 2,00 meters, have no big brand left to buy bikes from. Giant, Trek, Merida, Specialized (one alu Diverge model with excessive extra costs when you need a decent group set), Cannondale etc have all stopped supporting use true "Giants".

Most heard reason: "the market, bla bla". When I hear that I stop listening as the market is growing and so are people. There must be other undisclosed reasons why there aren't any more fitting bikes for the big side of the human spectrum.

Who else apart from Canyon, has XXL (64/65/66cm) frames throughout their whole road range? Happy to click some links below and be surprised. Thanks

2. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Well-Known Member

Some of the Rose "Marathon" bikes have a 64cm or 65cm frame

3. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Jep Rose is another exception, but it's just their endurance bikes. For the rest their true 64cm frames are also a tad short on reach for real long people.