• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Happy New Cycling Year 2020

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram Hengeveld, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Dear all,

Happy new year to you all! I hope 2020 will be an extremely sporty year for all of our members with lots of health and pleasure and that you may all ride many many safe miles!

What are your ambitions for 2020?

2. Bram Hengeveld

I already started with my ambitions for the coming year.
    • Sold my Tacx Neo yesterday, no more boring indoor cycling for me. Hardly used it and even during the winter I prefer to ride outside.
    • Planning to buy a steel gravel / monstercross bike for the '20 season with clearance for very wide 2.2 inch tyres, but of course with a drop bar.
    • Signed up as a member of my local mountainbike club
    • Entering the Dirty Kanza 200 registration.
    • Organizing a local gravel race / tour in my hometown. Already in progress, route is done, now we need to focus on the organization and get a lot of people alligned.
    • Oh and most importantly, revive this cyclingdepartment place :)

NoobOnTour and arthur666 like this.
  3. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Senior Member

Happy new year all!

Nice list Bram! Good luck with everything. Nothing nearly as ambitious for me. We're in the process of moving house and I'm so busy with that that I'm unlikely to get any riding at all until we're settled in the new place in Feb/March.

My only ambition this year is to get some fitness back after the move, and explore the roads and trails in our new location :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Bram Hengeveld likes this.
  4. Bram Hengeveld

Fitness will be back before you know it. Especially with your regular training regime!

5. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

"Happy New Ciycling Year" to all
    My plans for 2020 are:
    - ride 3000 k (indoor and outdoor)
    - affiliation to a mountain bike "gang" - work in progress ;-)
    - trying to get the best out of my mountain bike
    - climb on the Transalpina road
    Good luck to all with your goals

6. Bram Hengeveld

I did this recently and it's the best decision of the last months. Great group of people with a great common hobby. You will not regret it.

Flaviu likes this.
  7. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

Yes, I agree totally … but, always it is one :p. Here, sport in any form it is completely unorganized. For example we have just 2-3 sports events organized for the ENTIRE year and this in the county capital. In the smaller cities … well, it is tragic. Peoples don't make sport, well 95% don't :broken_heart:. I registered already to our local cycling club and also I found a group of cyclist and by group I mean 3-4 (still better than alone). I hope as outside get warmer, things will get better :)