• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Cycling the Nürburgring Nordschleife in 2018

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Dennis, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Dennis

Dennis Member

rad-lauftreff-am-ring-Ra0.jpg
    The Nordschleife is probably on of the best places to do some cycling - not only for racing fans :D Super smooth asphalt, no cars and lots of elevation changes.

So just in case this is not on your radar already, here is a short summary about dates and prices for 2018

Rad am Ring (27. - 29.07.2018)
    This is the biggest event where the entire weekend is focused on cycling.

Casual touring rides are on Sunday from 7:00 am to 13:00 pm (21-28€, Nordschleife only) and public races with varying distance start on Saturday:
    • 25km (43€ - 53€)
    • 75km (50€ - 70€)
    • 150km (50€ - 70€)
    Link: https://www.radamring.de/en/

Rad- & Lauftreff
    In addition to "Rad am Ring", there are also several short evening meet-ups throughout the year where you can casually cycle the track without any other event going on.

Prices are 5€ for GP track and 17€ for GP+Nordschleife (as many laps as you can do).

GP track opens at 7 pm, Nordschleife at 7:30 pm and you need to start your last lap around the Nordschleife before 8:45 pm.

Dates (more might follow):
    • 30.04.2018 (Mon)
    • 16.05.2018 (Wed)
    • 12.06.2018 (Tue)
    • 04.07.2018 (Wed)
    • 16.07.2018 (Mon)
    Link (in German): http://www.nuerburgring.de/fahren-erleben/erleben/rad-lauftreff.html

MTB track
    There is also a public and free MTB track that runs along the entire Nordschleife and can be accessed all year.

2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

I would love this so much but I am not sure if i can free up the time for it. Which one are you doing Dennis?

3. Dennis

Dennis Member

Yeah, I can see that. Especially if you take a day off only to end up having to ride in heavy rain thanks to the rapidly changing Eifel weather.

I'll do the one on Monday and if possible all three in July :)

Bram Hengeveld likes this.
  4. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Well-Known Member

Thank you for this Information! I have to try this sometime :D