• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Coffee and Cake Thread

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram Hengeveld, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Got anything funny, social or offtopic to post, feel free to use this thread :)

2. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Got my new plate today. :)
    plate.jpg

3. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Proper plate!

arthur666 likes this.
  4. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

On the commute home, for the first time this year (yep, all year), after passing countless others, I finally got overtaken by a fellow commuter, and not even on a damn e-bike. Road bike, fully clad in cycling clothing like me and super skinny (aka super fit - NOT like me). I feel broken, I used to rule the cycle path I'm using to work :sob:

I blame it on the spiked tires with their massive weight and rolling resistance...

arthur666 likes this.
  5. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Yep! Cost a little more, but money goes to funding for bicycle access infrastructure.

Ha. Good to have a scapegoat. That's the real reason I ride a cyclocross bike. :p
    When I rode a single-speed mtn bike (had a pretty low gear for offroad), I had to get used to getting passed by old ladies on comfort hybrids on the greenway while I was riding to the trails.