• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CX / Gravel Canyon Grail AL

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram Hengeveld, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Canyon Grail AL Gravel Bike.jpg
    Canyon Grail AL Gravel Bike Front Fender.jpg Canyon Grail AL Gravel Bike Rear 2.jpg Canyon Grail AL Gravel Bike Rear.jpg Canyon Grail Gravel Bike Rear 3.jpg
    The only picture I have been able to find on the web of the upcoming Grail in aluminium. With mudguards this looks as a very pretty winterbike!

arthur666 likes this.
  2. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Senior Member

That looks sweet. Even the mudguards look OK and that's quite an achievement! Looks like a super winter/all purpose machine. Nice :)

3. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

I'm mostly interested in the mudguards because I did last winter without and I wont do that again, and these look great(ish), definitely far better than the rest on the market. Canyon specific or aftermarket you think?

4. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Senior Member

I don't recall seeing anything like those before so could be specific. Pretty cool though. For what it's worth i'm currently SKS race blades longs which are the best mudguards I've used. Psudo quick release, they don't rattle or come lose and keep things bone dry in the worst of conditions. The don't look great but what mudguards do.

Bram Hengeveld likes this.
  5. Bram Hengeveld

According to the info custom made by SKS for the Grail bike. Yeah I need proper mudguards as well as all the mud on the bike every ride during the autumn and winter requires me to clean the bike multiple times per week, which I really hate :)

6. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Senior Member

Interesting. I wonder if they need special mounts? Would love to see an aftermarket version of these.

7. Bram Hengeveld

Canyon Grail AL Gravel Bike Rear.jpg
    Canyon Grail AL Gravel Bike Rear 2.jpg
    There are eyelets and such to mount it I think.

8. Bram Hengeveld

Added some more pictures to the opening post.

9. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Senior Member

They look custom mounted to that bike with those eyelets.