• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Ca-rash

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by arthur666, Jun 18, 2019.

1. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Ugh. After a long mtb ride Sunday, was otw home, tired+not paying attention. Moving at a brisk pace I clipped a tree with my left handle and was thrown hard onto my right shoulder. Nasty scrape and bruise. It's hard to tell what hurts because of the nasty scrape that is scabbing-up, and what hurts because of underlying tissue+tendon+bone. Feel like I might have torn something. If pain doesn't get better soon, I'll go to Doc.
    Also somehow bashed my left ribcage. Very sore, probably sprained or maybe fractured.
    Gonna have to take it easy a while. Running will probably hurt, maybe just some road riding on my upright touring bike.
    At least the weather just turned hot & gross here.

2. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope nothing is broken and you can be on bike in days because now it is the season. I did the same thing last year and I heat a stump with my kneas. For two weaks I barely could walk. and for two months was no biking for me. Now everything is fine.
    Whish you a quick recovery

arthur666 likes this.
  3. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Senior Member

Ouch! The stupid crashes are often the worst. Lots of bumps and knocks that seem to hurt more than they should. Ribs are a nightmare - can't move or even breath without pain sometimes. Not much that can be done either. Just gotta wait for things to heal. Get well soon Arthur. Take it easy.

arthur666 likes this.
  4. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Thanks.
    Went to doctor the other night. Nothing broken, but cartilage in ribcage is very bruised. Hurts like hell when I cough, bend over, sleep on my side, put on clothes etc.
    I'll probably just do some long easy walks to keep moving. Doc said 2 weeks. Ice+Ibuprofen helps.
    My wife got us tickets to see Maria Bamford's stand-up show tonight. I hope I don't laugh too hard. :)

5. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

When you will feel the need to laugh, try to remember something sad, like your crash. I think will help :p

arthur666 likes this.
  6. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Thanks Flaviu. :p
    Feeling ok now. Still sore at times, but no noticeable pain from my road ride yesterday.

dazzyb2k3 and Flaviu like this.
  7. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Glad to hear you are okay mate!

arthur666 likes this.