• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CX / Gravel Breezer Radar Pro 2020

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram Hengeveld, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Senior Member

Has been a while since I have posted here on CD. Have been very busy with other projects but have still been cycling in 2020, albeit a lot less in the first quarter of the year than planned due to an injury. (making up for it in the coming six months :))

Sold my two Canyon's (Ultimate and Inflite) and moved away from carbon to steel! Bought an "adventure bike" the Breezer Radar Pro, which is basically a monster cross bike, aka a cross / gravel bike with room for big tyres.

I am running 2.1 inch XC 29er tyres from Vittoria on them and I am touring mostly off the pavement nowadays exploring forests, gravel, singletracks and amazing trails. Can't say I miss the speed of the road bike and during this COVID-19 crisis this is the perfect bike to ride solo in areas without other people.
    Breezer Radar Pro.jpg Breezer Radar Pro 2.jpg

Orione532 likes this.
  2. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

nice ride mate!
    the thing doesn't convince me is the steel fork. I usually am a "metal fan" but I always had a carbon fork. I am pretty sure that my next bike will be a (possibly stainless) steel one

3. Bram Hengeveld

I have heard that before but so far I have never heard what is wrong with a steel fork. You can debate the looks for sure as a nice carbon fork will probably look better but what else are the advantages of a carbon fork?

4. Orione532

Orione532 Senior Member

well I felt a big improvement in change my bike, the difference is the sharpness in high speed corners.

I also had a mixed carbon / alloy fork on the road bike. This one is way better.

For the usage I'm doing now (a.k.a. tour with my wife) I could probably have a bamboo fork and don't feel any difference :D

5. Bram Hengeveld

Ah yeah for a road bike for sure but I am mostly off the pavement nowadays with this bike. I hear people saying that a carbon fork is more comfortable but i dont buy that to be honest. Carbon is way stiffer than steel so that must be just marketing talk that it smoothens out the ride :)

But yeah, cant argue with the looks argument. Carbon forks look the bomb and that would be the most important reason to upgrade :)