• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Other Bike trailer for little ones...

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by SnyperAL, Feb 28, 2018.

1. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

We've just had a baby! Well, 5 months ago. With spring approaching the urge to get out and about is strong, naturally I want to go cycling so we either leave the little fellow at home or take him with us.

I've seen a few bike trailers about and probably won't be putting him in one until he's at least a year old, nor will I be doing off roady stuff. That being said there is plenty of safer routes we can do but do any of you have any experience of bike trailers and kid transporting?

2. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Congrats!
    I think it is recommended that they can ride in a trailer as soon as they can hold their head up well.
    I've had a Burley Bee for 7 years, used by my 2 kids, and now the neighbors borrow it.
    https://burley.com/product/bee/
    Sturdy, smooth, fairly light, and folds up enough to fit in the trunk of a car. After you attach the connector that stays on your bike, it's very easy to attach and remove. If you and your partner will both be pulling it, go ahead and get an extra attachment for their bike. Makes things a lot easier.
    burl.jpg

Lots of fun pulling the kids around. I loved picking them up at daycare on my bike. My 5-year old has outgrown it. Will be getting a tag-along bike this Summer
    trlr.jpg

I also still use it for trips to the grocey store. Can carry about 100 pounds I think.

SnyperAL likes this.
  3. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

That's perfect thank you.

arthur666 likes this.