• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Road Where do you put your phone when you ride? And how to protect it from sweat?

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by ArkHiver, Aug 21, 2016.

1. ArkHiver

ArkHiver Member

Hi guys,

As I'm heading out for longer rides more frequently, I was thinking I should really bring my phone along with me on my rides.
    The thing is: If I simply put it in my jersey's back pocket, it will get sweaty and I'm afraid the moisture will do some damage.
    How do you carry your phone with you? Maybe you have some tricks to protect it from sweat?

I'd love to hear your tips.

2. Bram

Bram Senior Member

I bring mine in my camelbak.

3. James

James Active Member

I live in sweatsville. Literally. The dew points are really high and most of my riding is in the morning with 90-100% relative humidity. Depending on pace, I can sweat up to 3 liters/hour. When I get back my jersey feels like it just came out of the washer. My wife got mad at me because I left my clothes on the back of the door to dry, and she stepped in a puddle of sweat that had dripped from the clothes. I mean, my clothes get WET!!! With all that, I've never had an issue with my phone. What I do is put a sandwich bag around the phone. I then put it in another ziploc bag with my ID and money. The outside of the bag is always soaked, but the contents are dry as a bone.

4. ArkHiver

ArkHiver Member

Ziploc bag sounds like a great idea. Why I didn't think of that, no idea :)
    Thanks James!

5. Burke Wells

Burke Wells Well-Known Member

I wanted my phone on the bars so I made this little mount. I also carry a small plastic sandwich/snack bag in a jersey pocket to quickly put over the phone & mount just in case I encounter rain.
    Phone mount_resized.JPG Phone mount_right.JPG

SnyperAL likes this.