• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Other Visiting the Canyon Bicycles Showroom in Koblenz

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Petra, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Petra

Petra Well-Known Member

Canyon Headquarters.jpg
    Cruising through Europe on our holiday we decided to spent the last days of our trip on the banks of the river Moselle in Germany, only a few miles from the great city of Koblenz.

For many Koblenz is worth a visit because of the the large number of cultural and ancient buildings, the Rhine and the Moselle coming together, the historical heritage of this town but we had just one thing on our schedule: the Canyon Showroom!

When entering the showroom you immediately wander through the history of the brand. The pink bike of Nairo Quintana from his 2014 Giro victory and the, still very dirty, cross marathon bike of 2017 champion Alban Lakata for example.

Canyon Exceed Alban Lakata.jpg
    Canyon Exig.jpg

The showroom is not really big, you can roam through it in an hour or two but there is a lot to be seen.The focus that Canyon has on technology becomes clear and there is a large display of bikes to drool over and to be tested. We've seen many bikefans fitting and testing a showroombike at the parking area.

Canyon Flash.jpg
    Canyon Exceed CL SLX 99 LTD wheel.jpg
    Canyon Exceed CL SLX 99 LTD Frame.jpg

We've had some questions for the staff and they were very kind and helpful and the coffee wasn't bad either. They have a little coffeecorner in the showroom. Striking was the large number of Canyon employees who were having a lunchbrake too. Everywhere we looked there were (mostly) men in a Canyon T-shirt (with glasses and a beard...)

@Bram was doubting if he would buy his new bike today. After a quick look he decided to wait for a better deal.:p What do you think? I t hink it would be a great fit!

Canyon Pushbike.jpg

Some pictures of the showroom and displays:

Canyon Projekt 2009.jpg
    Canyon Display.jpg
    Canyon Ultimate AL SLX.jpg
    Canyon Projekt Bikes.jpg
    Canyon Hallway.jpg
    Canyon Ultimate Evo.jpg
    Canyon Helmets.jpg
    Canyon Strive.jpg
    Canyon Dude.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Bram

Bram Senior Member

That tiny wooden pushbike will be mine once I reach the minimum required height :D

Awesome day this was.

Flaviu and Petra like this.
  3. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

That looks very cool and hi tech. Compare and contrast to my favourite bike maker's shop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  4. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Looks like a great spot for coffee as well :)