• “No Matter How Slow You Go, You're Still Lapping Everyone on the Couch!"
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Other The December Weather

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Ricoow

Ricoow Active Member

'Winds of hell' terrorising my neighbourhood

2. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Well-Known Member

Its january and as if on cue, it gets fecking freezing! -9 on sunday with a -16 windchill. I'll openly admit I'm not a winter person, and while I dont mind light freezing, -10 to 15 is pushing it. Think I'll take the car to work next week..

3. Orione532

Orione532 Well-Known Member

Funny thing:
    the coldest days of the year are approaching and we are at about 13°C.
    These days in Italy (northern Italy mostly) are called the days of the lady blackbird (i giorni della merla). The legend tells that once the lady blackbird was white. She was freezing during these days and shee took refuge inside a chimney. The coal smoke turned she black as we see the blackbird today.

Sorry for the OT but it is a funny story :D

Velo Wringer likes this.
  4. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Lucky you! I won't see such temperatures until the end of March :)

5. Orione532

Orione532 Well-Known Member

That’s it

Attached Files:

6. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

This is the coldest winter I can remember. I rode yesterday, -3C with wind is almost too cold for me on the road. At least it was sunny. If my toes had been warm, it would've been tolerable. Wool socks+neoprene toe covers weren't enough. I need some of those warmer packs.

7. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Well-Known Member

I woundn't dream of venturing out without my overshoes, otherwise I'll need a footbath afterwards to de-ice them...