• “It never gets easier, you just go faster.” Greg LeMond
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTB Taking a week off

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

For the last couple of months I have been on the bike multiple times a week. This first week of January is pretty hectic with hundreds of things needed to be done so I have stayed off the bike for almost a week now.

Must say I feel that my legs are happy with the rest.

Full speed ahead next week :)

2. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

Enjoy the rest (what's left of it) :)

Often you never know how much you needed the rest until you take it. IMO Knowing when and how much to rest is the single hardest - and most beneficial - thing to learn in cycling.

I make a point of having a couple of periods per year where i don't even think about the bike for days - sometimes weeks. Keeping fresh both mentally and physically is crucial for my enjoyment of the sport. Soon as training or riding starts to feel like a 'chore' then i know it's time to stop and re-charge.

Never feel guilty about taking days off. Most regular cyclists (ie. several days per week) need it much more than they think.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

I won't :) Actually quite enjoyed to say that I miss it. Me (!!) missing to work out lol. Miracles happen :)

Time to climb on the mountainbike this week and conquer this nasty winter weather. I am so looking forward to March / April and those awesome spring days with sun :heart:

4. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

We've had some cracking Frosty sunny mornings here, not been on the bike much but put a good few walks in with the boss.