• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Tech Tacx Magnum

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Flaviu, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

I just saw this in a promotional material with Peter Sagan. Next to the more and more complex sim racing equipment, looks like "sim biking" make big steps to keep up. Of course, with our experience in displays and triple setups and HUD we know the monitor on this trainer is a "joke" :). Maybe people from Tacx could use some sim racing expertise to improve their trainer :cool:
    I read the specification and has a maximum speed of 30 km/h and max angle of 15 degrees.
    This will be enough for me
    upload_2017-9-27_10-56-3.png
    But for Vittorio Brumotti any treadmills can do the job (at 1:35)

Jim Layee and Bram like this.
  2. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Well-Known Member

I've always struggled to understand why people want to ride a bike indoor, trainers or 'sim-bikes'. The whole point of cycling is getting the exercise while exploring and enjoying the nature. I know the weather can be incliment at times, but still :)

Jim Layee likes this.
  3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

I am with Jan. I'll try to enjoy real riding as much as possible. However I must admit that during the month of February having an indoor ride would be nice as well temperature wise. But for the other 11 months you will see me on the roads and in the woods as much as I can.

Tacx Flux looks a bit more affordable :)

(PS: wish I had the road bike skills of that guy from the video, a-ma-zing!)