• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Other strava question "by weight"

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by NoobOnTour, Dec 2, 2017.

1. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Active Member

hi guys,
    maybe you can clarify one thing for me...
    does this mean the other 1003 guys weigh less?
    there was a time i thought it would mean of all the guys heavier than 95kg you are placed 100th but that was in an older version
    IMG-20171202-WA0003.jpg
    edit: ok.. the image is a BIT big :D

2. Bram

Bram Senior Member

No it means that 1003 people were faster in the same weight class as you (and me).

I must say I have only now seen that the weight class above 115 has been recently added as previously I was always in the 90+ feather weight class.

If you have premium account you can actually see who the 1003 people on the rank are. Gives a nice incentive.

3. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Active Member

When they had the old 95kg "class" it was definitely like that.
    Now am not so sure... Iam puzzled^^

4. Bram

Bram Senior Member

That's how all classes work. Per segment there is an all-time overview and one for your personal weight category.

But on this particular image I would conclude the people in that area are pretty heavy on average :) Something is a bit weird indeed.

Can it be that it's not specified because you haven't got a premium subscription?

5. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Active Member

I looked your stats up... there are a lot of heavy riders in your region, too.
    :D

edit: I can not check this on the strava website because without premium it ain't there :innocent:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. NoobOnTour

NoobOnTour Active Member

Mobile leaderboards not reflecting correct ranking for Weight and Age brackets
    Erikaceae T.Today at 01:21

We are currently investigating an issue with the new leaderboard age and weight brackets on mobile. This ranking you are seeing on the activity page does not match your ranking when you click further into the segment leaderboard page for the age and weight class. The rankings are accurate when viewing the leaderboards on the website.

We do not have a timeline for when this will be resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

source : https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us...-for-Weight-and-Age-brackets?mobile_site=true

7. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Ooh that explains ;)