• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Road Show us your road bike(s)

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Velo Wringer

Velo Wringer Well-Known Member

WOW!
    That is just indecent :blush:

dazzyb2k3 likes this.
  2. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

@dazzyb2k3 ! Holy deity! That is a seriously amazing dreambike you've built there. Wow.
    I particularly love the rear stays situation on that frame. They even made a tapered headtube somehow look sexy. And cable-actuated hydraulic disc brakes? Brilliant. (I guess I haven't been paying attention to current gear. )

Great build.

dazzyb2k3 likes this.
  3. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

Now that is SWEEEEEEEET

4. John.Dylan.Spooner

John.Dylan.Spooner Active Member

This is my current ride when it was new back in 2012 its 2011 Focus Mares cross bike that was discounted for a good price at one of the local bike shops . It has done a few Km's since then & is still going strong , I ma just getting it ready for 2017 now the weather is improving.
    334676_3005287980287_2081461997_o.jpg

5. John.Dylan.Spooner

John.Dylan.Spooner Active Member

The current fleet from left to right a KTM trail bike , that is my girl friends in the middle my focus mare from 2011 . and my very last bike that I used while is was Racing as a amateur rider before injure forced me to quit . not sure how rare Cannodale's series 2.8's are , but I think that series was only shipped into Europe in low volumes , It was about the time the make's like Trek , Specailized , Cannodale & a few other US make were just started to more into the European markets & into road racing & not just mountain bikes.
    It is however equipped with none standard Campagnolo gear . Standard gear this frame was a Mavic group set , but wanted my Campagnolo on it been old school. these days that mavic group set is very rare to find. that bike is almost un-changed since it was new. bar tape yes & the tires & some new cables everything else is original even the chain & brake blocks.
    I only used it back then for Time trails & road racing & some summer club runs , never in winter. These days I may take it out for spin a few times in the year , I sold a lot of my old gear but I hung on to this one . I will see if I can find some better pictures for uploading. 16992326_10211913515582337_1767792301407696455_o.jpg

6. Bram

Bram Senior Member

7. Rob

Rob New Member

fiets.JPG
    My horse

8. Metalogic

Metalogic Active Member

The latest addition to my bike stable, I guess it's a "road" bike, as it's certainly not going off-road...

[​IMG]

It's a Brompton M6R-X with -12% gearing (for light touring), blinged with Ti forks and triangle, Schmidt SON dynamo and Edelux II front light. A Honey Brooks B17 Special will be going on it soon.

9. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

I want a Brompton at some point for train/bike touring when I'm (even) older

10. Metalogic

Metalogic Active Member

That's my main reason for getting it, am still going to use my Hewitt Cheviot tourer for general commuting (no train involved)

11. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

@Metalogic Really nice piece of kit. I've always really wanted a Brompton despite having no need for one whatsoever. Their showroom in London is a place of beauty. One day i really hope i can justify a reason to get one. Can't wait to see it with the Brooks saddle. That will compliment the bike perfectly. :)

Flaviu and arthur666 like this.
  12. Bram

Bram Senior Member

You know you really don't need a reason :)

Flaviu, Metalogic and arthur666 like this.
  13. Metalogic

Metalogic Active Member

I'll post a pic when I mount the Brooks saddle. Also thinking of putting Biocork Ergon GP1 grips on it

14. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Those look snazzy. Tan is the perfect color with green. (And black, blue, purple, white, silver.... but especially green.)

15. Metalogic

Metalogic Active Member

Here you go:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The saddle is currently more nose-up than I would usually have it, am just having it like this whilst it's breaking in, so that the dimples from my sit bones don't form too far forward due to me sliding to the front of the saddle
    Folded:
    [​IMG]

These are going on next:
    [​IMG]

Flaviu, arthur666 and Velo Wringer like this.
  16. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Nice upgrade.:)
    All of my other saddles are level, but my Brooks on my touring bike looks too nose-up as well. But that's the way it fits me best.

17. Metalogic

Metalogic Active Member

Do you have yours even more nose-up than my Brooks shown in the photo? I'm more used to the Gilles Berthoud Aspin saddle, which I have on my full size Hewiitt Cheviot tourer, but that's most comfortable when completely flat. On the more upright Brompton I wanted a wider saddle, though, and a Brooks looks "just right" on Brompton :)

18. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

Mine was originally more nose up than it is at present. It was nicer on the sit bones nose up not my perineum didn't agree. All good now though

Metalogic likes this.
  19. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Hmm, 'bout the same. Maybe a touch less? Like Jim says, as long as you're not hurting the soft stuff. Carry an Allen wrench on your first few rides, if you don't already.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Metalogic likes this.
  20. Metalogic

Metalogic Active Member

This is how my Aspin saddle looks on my Hewitt, pretty flat, but it's a different shape from the Brooks B17 (BTW I noticed it was sagging too much since the photo was taken and have tightened up the nose a little):

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2017