• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Road Show us your road bike(s)

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

2. Dennis

Dennis New Member

My trusty bike: 2006 vsf fahrradmanufaktur T900. Barely used it in the last 5 years, but that's about to change :)
    vfsT900.jpg

Eventually I want to upgrade to racing handlebars to have some more variety when riding.

3. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

Here are my two main rides at the moment.....

1. Rose Xeon RS3000/Ultegra/Kyserium Elites/FSA Carbon Crank/Deda post/Misc. Ritchey finishing kit.

A brilliant 'do it all' road bike that's a mixture of new/old/recycled bits. Pretty bombproof and just at home sprinting for the lights as a hilly all day epic. This is my goto bike for all but the worst days. I love riding it.

IMG_0128.jpg

2. Genesis Zero Team/Dura Ace 9000/Zipp 202's/Mixed Easton/Ritchey finishing kit.

Very light, blisteringly quick and comfortable. Generally reserved for races/events/sportives and nice dry days when i'm feeling strong enough to get the best out of it. This thing just destroys the hills and begs to be ridden hard.

IMG_20150909_164435.jpg

These two constitute about 70% of my riding but I also have a Planet X Superlight Team which is used on the turbo and outdoor rides in the winter/horrible weather, and also a Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon which i only ride very occasionally when i fancy a change.

The rest of my family is a Specialized Crossroads Commuter/City bike, a Marin Nail Trail Hardtail and an AMP B5 Long travel XC/Downhill machine from back in the day.

Michael, Bram, Burke Wells and 4 others like this.
  4. Brun

Brun Member

That Genesis is a thing of beauty.

Just needs some deeper carbon for the sake of your Richmond Park PB. You've got the long valved tubes already :)

Bram likes this.
  5. dazzyb2k3

lol thanks Ian. I'm built for going up hills so deeper rims would be wasted with my chicken legs. Besides, the crosswinds in the park can be evil - i'd get tossed into the fields like a paper cup. :D

6. Bram

Bram Senior Member

dazzyb2k3 likes this.
  7. Flaviu

Flaviu Well-Known Member

@dazzyb2k3 Really great bikes. I bet it is a pleasure to ride that Rose :grinning:

8. dazzyb2k3

It is. Not the most exotic bike on the planet but it's just a great machine full stop. I'm a MASSIVE fan of Rose bikes. They feel lovingly crafted from the ground up. Their attention to detail and component choice is superb, even more so when you take their aggressive pricing into consideration. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Not the most well known brand (especially outside central Europe) but I'd recommend them to anyone.

Flaviu and Bram like this.
  9. MaxS

MaxS New Member

Screenshot_2016-12-07-21-45-09_1.jpg

Thats my road bike :) I just started riding road bikes as I decided to go a bit deeper into cycling, just rode mtbs before. so this is my first road bike and already I love her <3

Full carbon frame, fork and "crank" (don't know how it's called in English :D)
    It weighs just below 7 kilos and drives perfect. Tires are a bit aged but I'll need new ones soon anyways :)

If you've got any questions or some tips for a "newbie" feel free to text me:)

10. Bram

Bram Senior Member

What a great looking bike @MaxS :heart: Love the agressive paintjob and red tyres!

MaxS likes this.
  11. dazzyb2k3

+1
    Nice machine! That paintjob is sweet :)

MaxS likes this.
  12. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Here is my newest baby. The Canyon Inflite AL SLX 8.0 Pro Race. Went out for a short spin today before it became really dark.

Canyon Inflite AL SLX 8.0 Pro Race (1).jpg Canyon Inflite AL SLX 8.0 Pro Race (2).jpg Canyon Inflite AL SLX 8.0 Pro Race (3).jpg

13. MaxS

MaxS New Member

14. Velo Wringer

Velo Wringer Well-Known Member

Very nice! One day I will have something like that.

15. Brun

Brun Member

Looks great. These single chainring things have really taken off, the range on that cassette is mental.

16. Bram

Bram Senior Member

I would have liked to have SRAM Force but the Rival groupset is already very decent. Especially in a flat country like the Netherlands this 1x11 will work great. With the 42 ring at the back I feel like a motorcrosser though :). Brilliant

17. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

Great looking bike!

18. dazzyb2k3

Stunning machine Bram. Am so happy for ya (and more than a tad jaelous :p).

I am seriously thinking of building a 1X11 machine next year - i'd even consider converting my exisitng bikes. I've thought for years that I'd be well suited to a single ring with a wide range sprocket so i'm excited that SRAM are breaking new ground here. I only use about 5 or 6 gears and i don't mind cadence jumps so doubt i would miss the intermediate gears. Besides that, front derailiers are a PITA so getting rid of that is a big plus in my book. I'd love to hear your thoughts after you've ridden her a few times..

I think we'll see more and more bikes transition to this setup. It makes a lot of sense.

On a more general note, i think we're going through an exciting time with the fusion between different cycling genres. Years ago it would have been unfathomable to think that a road thoroughbread could benefit from disc brakes or single chainrings or that we'd have the concept of gravel or adventure bikes.

We're now at a point where 'one bike fits all' (well maybe not all - but most) is a genuine possibility. With a little thought i can see that my next bike build could handle 99% of what i'm ever likely to do on two wheels.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    arthur666 and Velo Wringer like this.
  19. Velo Wringer

Velo Wringer Well-Known Member

I feel so much a front-runner now haha ;)
    Modified my bike some time ago to single ring and very happy with it. Easy to do, only some fiddling to get the chainline right.
    P1050457.jpg

@Bram, enjoyed your go pro rides, very cool. Especially the one through the city center, some hairy moments there! Fun!

arthur666 likes this.
  20. Bram

Bram Senior Member

I am not yet fully convinced. It's mighty on the dirt and off track but on paved roads where I spend most of my days it still has 27 days to convince me :) Canyon has this awesome option that you can return a bike within 30 days (no questions asked). Still thinking that the 46/36 Ultegra is a better option for me, but I kinda like the uniqueness of 1x11 :)

Will have to give it a proper test once I have road tyres on the bike.

arthur666 and dazzyb2k3 like this.