• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Road Show us your road bike(s)

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Jun 26, 2016.

1. ArkHiver

ArkHiver Member

This is my current machine:
    [​IMG]

ROSE Pro-SL 3000.
    Alluminum frame (61cm), carbon seatpost & fork. Shimano Ultegra Groupset with a Compact crankset (50/34) in the front.
    Mavic Aksium wheels and Yksion Elite tires.
    Selle Italia SLS saddle (the best saddle I've owned yet, it's so comfortable)
    Weight is about 8.5kgs for the 56cm frame (this frame size probably is a bit higher).

I took the picture right after I got delivery. Since then I added 2 cheap bottle cages and a frame pump.
    What I really really like about it is the color scheme and the way it rides. It feels very direct, climbing is quite easy.
    What I don't like is the puncture sensitivity of the Yksion Elite tires. I get flats quite easily on those.

Dennis, james davies, Gavin and 2 others like this.
  2. james davies

james davies Member

My current bike - Finally got round to cleaning it after a few wet and muddy days riding.
    IMG_0737.JPG
    Its a 2014 Boardman Road Sport, nothing special. I was on a tight budget when I wanted to re-enter the world of cycling after 13 years away. It does me alright and I manage to keep up with my mates on much better kit. I'm hoping to upgrade come November (birthday present) Got my eye on a Canyon Endurace CF9.0 or CF7.0 SL not sure which though (maybe for another thread).

Well here it is ladies and gentlemen, the latest addition to my life. Had it just over a week now, work has kept me away from my computer but not my bike. Its a Merlin Cordite, rocking Ultegra mechanical groupset 4ZA finishing kit and Fulcrum Racing Quattro wheelset. I've managed 3 rides on it and really looking forward to some good weather next year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Dennis, Bram, Gavin and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Great bike James. It only needs white bartape to match your saddle imo. Or a black saddle to match your bartape.

Really love that boardman model <3

4. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Ill subscribe to that thread immediately once you create it :heart:

5. james davies

james davies Member

Thanks Bram, I had white bar tape on for the first year then after a fall I had to replace it, decided to go with the black tape as the white got so dirty and was impossible to clean. maybe a new saddle is in order, hmm.

Bram likes this.
  6. Bram

Bram Senior Member

How weird it may sound but white bar tape you can clean with WD-40 they say.

ArkHiver likes this.
  7. ArkHiver

ArkHiver Member

My orange bar tape also attracts smudges quite a bit. I second the WD-40. If you don't have any around, a little Degreaser on a cloth also does the trick. (Test on a part of the tape that isn't in plain sight first. I heard some tapes might not like it)

james davies likes this.
  8. james davies

james davies Member

Nice tip, I've just tried it on my saddle and it cleaned up awesome, still might replace it with a black one this winter as this bike will soon become my winter/Turbo trainer bike. Thanks again for the tip all the same. Sorry to get off topic also.

9. Velo Wringer

Velo Wringer Well-Known Member

What magnificent bikes guys. I feel humbled. This is the machine that started it all for me. About 1500 kms on it.
    [​IMG]

Dennis, Gavin, Bram and 2 others like this.
  10. ArkHiver

ArkHiver Member

Don't sell yourself short. That's a nice looking bike and surely looks like it's not going to stop when the tarmac ends and the gravel begins :)

Velo Wringer likes this.
  11. Gavin

Gavin Member

[​IMG]
    2014 Orbea Orca my race bike (over 5,000kms)
    [​IMG]
    2014 Orbea Aqua entry level road bike my commute and training bike (over 20,000km)

Dennis, james davies, Flaviu and 4 others like this.
  12. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Very tasty bikes!!

Gavin likes this.
  13. Velo Wringer

Indeed very tasty bikes :)
    Never seen a spoke pattern (in Orca's rear wheel) like that. Unusual? But I havn't seen much yet.

Gavin likes this.
  14. Gavin

Gavin Member

All Compagnola wheels come with this pattern. These wheel are shamal ultra which have ceramic bearings which them roll forever. Cost me €930. Got them on the bike to work scheme.

15. Velo Wringer

Yeah good equipment is expensive but totally worth it I discovered, even in my humble beginnings. Thanks I will look it up, bike tech interests me.

16. Warren king

Warren king New Member

Here's my Canyon Endurace. Crappy picture but the only one I have!

u9zTX3BPpfB4IC_HTBp6XVj7p0NVp2dYtXiw0L6O-sg-2048x1536.jpg

17. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Ooh my dreambike :heart:

Welcome Warren!

18. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

You can't see the bike that well, but grass and sky is striking!

19. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

FINALLY ... my road bikeeeeee. GT GTS Expert.:heart:
    From now on gone with the wind :cool:
    upload_2016-9-6_21-31-0.png

Dennis, Bram, arthur666 and 2 others like this.
  20. Brun

Brun Member

Here's my two...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Canondale's not actually an OTP SuperSix. Frameset off ebay and the rest put together with parts I already had (Fulcrum3s and Ultegra 6700 levers and derailleurs) and new bits (SRAM Red chainset plus SLK seatpost and front end).

Genesis has been doing the hard miles day in day out since 2010. That was bought OTP but the frame and forks are the only original parts left. Particularly proud of the wheels which were my first attempts to handbuild and have been bulletproof.