• “It never gets easier, you just go faster.” Greg LeMond
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Show us your road bike(s)

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Please use this thread to post your images or videos of your road bikes

2. Bram

Bram Senior Member

I'll start with my Giant Defy 0 LTD 2016

Giant Defy 0 LTD.jpg

3. Günthar

Günthar Active Member

My 2016 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1

image.jpeg

4. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa Member

My fully customized Raleigh bike. Originally it was just a hybrid city bike but over the years i've transformed it to be more like a racing bike. Everything from the handle bars to the cranks, the wheels and the gears is new. the only things that are old is the frame and the brakes. Granted it hasn't got the extreme low weight of racing bikes but I love her to death :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Dennis, Tim Davila, Jim Layee and 7 others like this.
  5. Eric K

Eric K Member

2015 Cannondale Slice Ultegra

Eric.jpg

Dennis, Gavin, Tim Davila and 6 others like this.
  6. Eric K

Eric K Member

My primary race bike: 2015 Cervelo S3 Di2

IMG_0196.JPG

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Dennis, Gavin, Lazarou and 10 others like this.
  7. Petra

Petra Well-Known Member

@Marcel vd Aa : cool bike! Are those Ergon grips? I've just installed some on my mtb and it helps me (and my hands!) a lot.

Marcel vd Aa likes this.
  8. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

This was my little road bike but I sold this and got a hybrid which is shown in the other thread.

rsz_img_0338.jpg

9. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein Active Member

Here is my bike being a bit shy and hiding from the camera ;)

[​IMG]

10. Lazarou

Lazarou New Member

Here's my relatively new Haibike Affair SL. She is still being run in.

[​IMG]

Dennis, Gavin, FLOKI and 8 others like this.
  11. Berkyx

Berkyx New Member

[​IMG]

12. Metalogic

Metalogic Member

I have a touring bike (a Hewitt Cheviot), does that count as a "road" bike? It's steel and a damn site heavier most the bikes on here look, but is fast enough for me once it gets going...I'll see if I can find a picture.

EDIT: found a picture of what it looked like new (7 years ago), though I've changed quite a few things since (including a nice Giles Berthoud leather saddle). The paint work is still looking good (BTW it's a dark green, rather than black, if you can't tell from the picture) apart from the odd ding, though:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Dennis, Gavin, FLOKI and 6 others like this.
  13. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa Member

Yes they are ergon grips. Had metal ones before these but the sharp angle between the grips and bullbars really hurt my hands. So went online and got these and instantly my hands felt better. They are getting somewhat old now and will replace them soon. But I don't want anything else anymore...

Petra likes this.
  14. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Metalogic likes this.
  15. Ricoow

Ricoow Active Member

This is my pride
    [​IMG]
    Nothing too fancy, but hey its a first bike

Dennis, Gavin, Tim Davila and 5 others like this.
  16. norbs

norbs Member

[​IMG]

Dennis, Gavin, Tim Davila and 8 others like this.
  17. arthur666

arthur666 Well-Known Member

There is some pretty exotic machinery here. Lots of stuff I don't see over here in the States. Very Cool.
    I'm partial to steel bikes. Here are my 2 road rigs:

MMD.jpg
    badge.jpg

All City Macho Man Disc. It's a cyclocross, but I put some light wheels and semi-slick tires, so it makes for a nice comfy road bike that doesn't mind a dirt road or light trail. Nice wide bars, and cushy 32c tires, I could ride it all day (and sometimes do). I really love this bike. It's not light, but it fits me well and is comfortable, and it doesn't hurt that it looks a bit stylish.
    i9 hubs are made here in North Carolina and are a (slightly) cheaper alternative to Chris King.
    sm.jpg

...and my classic Paramount, built by Richard Schwinn in Waterford Wisconsin.
    Pmt.jpg

I raced this bike thru my teenage years in the early 90s. Bought it second hand, though it was custom made for someone else, it fit me well enogh. I "restored" it a few years back (just cleaned it real good, replaced a few parts, new bartape etc.). It's beautiful, very light (for an old steel bike), and has fast handling for criterium racing. Looking at the seating position, I can't believe I used to spend hours riding with my handlebars that low. Actually, they were slammed all the way down when I was younger. Makes my back hurt just thinking about it. I still take it on some short rides now and then. I'll never part with it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Dennis, Gavin, FLOKI and 9 others like this.
  18. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek New Member

Alright, here's my budget road bike. Pretty lame in comparison to what I see here, but it does the job.

[​IMG]

$170 at Wal-Mart plus the child seat, ride it with my two year old around 30km every day (or at least I try to every day).

Dennis, Tim Davila, Jim Layee and 6 others like this.
  19. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein Active Member

That child seat is bad ass. Looks like a race car position for the child :)

Petra and Bram like this.
  20. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek New Member

Yeah haha, I tried to position him low to keep the weight as low as possible and try to keep him directly behind me to reduce drag... don't think it really helped much though, still like towing a 35lb anchor.;)