• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

CX / Gravel Rose Pro Cross

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Rose Pro Cross.jpg
    Visited Rose Bikes in Bocholt two weeks ago and found this beauty. A brand new cross bike for the upcoming 2018 season
    • Top notch alu frame with magnificent smooth welding. Almost looks like a carbon frame.
    • Ultegra groupset (R8000), Force 22, Apex, 105 etc.
    • Thru axle in the front, but not in the rear (why?)
    • Awesome orange or black paintjob.
    • Stack and reach that should fit me
    • Plenty of mudguard mounting positions
    • Spectacular affordable

Flaviu and Jim Layee like this.
  2. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

That looks really nice. Can't say enough good things about Rose. I love my RS3000. The welds are so smooth everyone thinks it's a carbon frame, the ride is great and the frame weighs in sub 1kg. Components are well specced and it's great value for money. A big recommendation from me.

Interesting to see only a through axle on the front. One of the reasons that TA's are used is to reduce the risk of axle movement in the dropouts under increased braking force from discs. Typically this is mostly a front end issue so the use of TA in the rear is less of a benefit. That said, it seems a bit odd to mismatch. Maybe they are using older spec frames with newer forks? Interesting.

Bram likes this.
  3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Or am I misjudging the photo? Really looks TA is missing.

4. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

Found some more pics on the ROSE website. Definitely a TA on the front:

front.JPG

And a standard QR on the rear:

rear.JPG

rear2.JPG

I'm betting they have several bikes sharing a common fork which happens to have a TA.

Bram likes this.
  5. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Seen the bike in real life this weekend and the colors look even better in real life than they do on photo's <3

6. Bram

Bram Senior Member

My two other bikes are going for sale now. Ordered the Rose today in poppy orange!

Bring on the winter!

7. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Rose Bikes Pro Cross.jpg

8. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

Selling your own bikes, I have heard it was possible but thought it was just a rumour ;)

9. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Yeah I think one do it all bike will suit me for the time being ;)