• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Road Relive.cc

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Gavin, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Gavin

Gavin Member

SnyperAL and Burke Wells like this.
  2. Bram

Bram Senior Member

connected!!!

That's amazing

Gavin likes this.
  3. Burke Wells

Burke Wells Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gavin. I had no idea this existed. That's on the same quality level (if not higher) as the TV broadcasts when they say "Let's take a look at the route." I just clicked "Connect" and now I'm sitting here at work itching to go home and ride. (...looks at clock...)

PS: 191 km averaging 26 kph? Hats off to you, my friend. Man, what a ride.

Gavin and Bram like this.
  4. Gavin

Gavin Member

Glad you guys like it. It's still under a lot of development. At the moment it doesn't really do elevations much justice hopfully they can improve on that. Other cool feature if you geotag your photos from your ride on your phone they will pop up on location on the route. I didn't know this at the time of my ride. If you guys come across any other cool third party app like "veloviewer" please share.

5. Gavin

Gavin Member

Thanks Burke. I did a lot of racing this season. Now that the season is coming to an end. I can go on long spins by myself and just enjoy going at my own pace and distance. I'm doing a nice sportive coming up on Sunday plenty of climbing on a 125km route should be fun.

Burke Wells and Bram like this.
  6. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Keep us posted Gavin!

7. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Whaha have been waiting and waiting for hours for the email to arrive with my latest ride. But... as I only did 18km's today as a recovery it doesn't count. 20km's and more are valid :)

8. Burke Wells

Interesting, I didn't realize there's a minimum distance limitation. I rode 17 miles (27 km) yesterday and received the Relive vid several hours later but noticed there was no max speed marker like in Gavin's video. Figured maybe I didn't ride far enough to deserve it... lol
    https://www.relive.cc/view/694962490

Rode 18 miles today, got the vid link quicker (just a couple of hours later) and this time did get a max speed callout. Go figure. Maybe it's a distance thing. Either way, this sure is a neat thing to see after a ride, at least on a personal level.
    https://www.relive.cc/view/696171767

PicoBp and Gavin like this.
  9. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Gavin and Burke Wells like this.
  10. Burke Wells

Very nice, Bram. The pics look great!

11. Gavin

Gavin Member

First time I've seen the pics in it... Nice feature. Have you guys tried sharing it on your timeline on Facebook Yet?

12. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Not yet but can do. The pics only work when you have the geotarget feature enabled on them

13. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Just shared it on Facebook and works great. Embeds nicely on the page.

Note to self: we need that here as well.

Gavin likes this.
  14. ArkHiver

ArkHiver Member

If you are like me and want to save some of your rides on your PC, then you can do the following in Firefox:

[​IMG]
    Right-Click on the white page (not on the video player), select "Show page information.." (not 100% sure what it is in en-US Firefox).

[​IMG]

In the new window, click "Media" on the top, then you can select the video file and "Save As.." to download it to your PC.

I didn't find a quick and easy way to do the same in Chrome. You'd have to muck about with the developer console to get the media on the page..

Bram and Burke Wells like this.
  15. Burke Wells

Looks like the minimum distance has changed because yesterday I received a Relive vid for my little 10 mile (16km) route. I typically don't receive a video when I do that route and it was a neat little surprise to get that e-mail.

https://www.relive.cc/view/764150955

16. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Oh that's very nice indeed.

17. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

OMG! this looks so cool I can't wait to try it.

18. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

This is probably the best thing I've seen in a long time. Almost every ride I've done I watch the video playback, it's great! It's a lot better to show your friends than just the map of the route.

19. Seria17hri11er

Seria17hri11er New Member

Very cool!