• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

MTB Pictures of your latest mountain bike ride

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Night.jpg
    Before it got really dark :)

2. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Dark.jpg
    Rode in complete darkness yesterday. Beautiful.

3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Bos.jpg

4. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Well-Known Member

Last weekend I had an opportunity to try out a 5000 euro BMC Agonist full suspension carbon XC thoroughbred for 24 hours for free, an offer the local bikeshop was running. First come, first serve thing. I was lucky to get my hands on one. It was my first MTB experience ever, but man, what an experience! After picking it up I immidiately took it to the best trail in the country, only 6km from the shop. 12km lap of nothing but prepared single track with everything; berms, drops, climbs, downhill descents with scary speeds, jumps and lots of trees to crash into. I rode 2 laps before I was knackered and did another 2 laps the following day before handing it back.
    The ride has got me hooked on getting a fully, if only the money was there :(
    I shot a few pics on the trail, here they are:

Beautiful scenery which was pretty much like this throughout the lap.
    IMG_20150801_105557.jpg

This dosent look like much, but when you're not used to continous climbing, it sure pulled out some teeth both times I went up. I joined the trail right where this climb is, so it was the first feature I was presented with. I was ready to die when I reached the top...:p
    IMG_20150801_111056_3.jpg

Some of the lap was covered in really tight, technical single track like this with lots of turns and trees (and hidden jumps) so close you could hardly get the handlevar through. I flows nicely though, I loved every single meter.
    22280057_135014230577316_3791910176190103552_n.jpg

I found a youtube vid of a full lap of the trail on an e-MTB, its not me or made by me, but check it out if you fancy :)

So that concludes a beginners experience of his first MTB ride on world class equipment and on world class single track. I was overwhelmed on the first lap, trying to soak it all up, but on lap 2 I was enjoying it immensely, catching myself grinning, especially on the fast downhill sections, really feeling the suspension doing its job.

I've found a new love in my life.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Bram, Jim Layee, Matej Lakota and 2 others like this.