• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

MTB Pictures of your latest mountain bike ride

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Jim Layee, Bram, Flaviu and 3 others like this.
  2. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

I did a leisure ride yesterday (saturday) at least this was my intention. My goal was a hill near my hometown. I found on strava the ride, saved to my GPS and go. Until the hill everything was great. Sunny day, forest, not to warm
    IMG_20170520_145228.jpg
    IMG_20170520_143340.jpg
    IMG_20170520_154002.jpg
    Then I arrived to the hill where I think I will find a cycling path, even an rudimentary one. Instead of that, this:
    IMG_20170520_155638.jpg
    IMG_20170520_162529.jpg
    I pass all that trees and in top of the hill I didn't find any trace of cycling road, or any road and I decide to go back. And, another bad decision, I try to find another way home. Instead I found sheep adn big dogs. In that momment I got me lost because on my GPS I had only public roads not this foot paths. I wander almost 2 hours to find my way back home.
    It was hard, but after all was a very nice Saturday ride :)

3. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

@Matej Lakota We all are simracers :).
    Congratulation for a good ride with 1400m climbing. Great view from the top.

Matej Lakota likes this.
  4. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Well-Known Member

You guys have some where nice scenery :)

Matej Lakota likes this.
  5. Velo Wringer

Velo Wringer Well-Known Member

+1

@Flaviu
    My best rides never went as planned ;)

Flaviu, Matej Lakota and arthur666 like this.
  6. Matej Lakota

Flaviu likes this.
  7. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

Great, I want to go on Transfagarasan next month, around 15-20, I don't know exactly. I plan a trip in the south of my country and this climb is on my way. So I want to spend a day there with my son :).
    @Bram is also interested in this climb :).
    I use Sygic navigation on my car. It is a great application. I also recommend it to everyone :grinning:. Unfortunately my phone is full (only 2 Gb of memory :cold_sweat:). In the car I use a tablet.

Matej Lakota likes this.
  8. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

Thank you Jan. In most part, landscape in my country it is untouched by man. This means, it is beautiful but you can't get to it :(. As an example it is the path I try to follow. It could be a good source of income if the local authorities would like to do a little effort to clean the path, and advertise it to attract tourists. I know it is easy to speak but it hurts when you see so much indifference :sob:.

9. Matej Lakota

Jim Layee, Bram, Velo Wringer and 2 others like this.
  10. Matej Lakota

Flaviu, I hope from some pctures from your Transfagarasan trip. It will be great experience for sure :)

Flaviu and Bram like this.
  11. Matej Lakota

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    arthur666, Flaviu and Velo Wringer like this.
  12. Matej Lakota

Jim Layee, Flaviu, Bram and 2 others like this.
  13. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Well-Known Member

I'd love to be able to explore mountains like that on a daily basis :).

Flaviu, Bram and Matej Lakota like this.
  14. Matej Lakota

Yeah, I am really lucky to live in the part of the Earth where I can reach high mountains right from my home. I dont even need to transport bike with the car, so close is everything :)

Flaviu, Bram, Jim Layee and 1 other person like this.
  15. Bram

Bram Senior Member

@Matej Lakota how come you are not on Strava buddy. I'd like to rip and copy all of those awesome routes you are cycling :)

16. Matej Lakota

@Bram I am using SportsTracker now for 10 years and I have all my routes/trainings/statistics there. If you want, I can send you all .gpx files of interesting routes I have driven in the past here around and you simply put/upload them into Strava.

17. Matej Lakota

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  18. Bram

Bram Senior Member

The weather here has been amazing the last couple of days and I made a few stunning rides on the MTB. Man, life is so much better when the sun shines :) #loveclimatechange

MTB_Utrecht_01.jpg MTB_Utrecht_02.jpg MTB_Utrecht_03.jpg MTB_Utrecht_04.jpg MTB_Utrecht_05.jpg MTB_Utrecht_06.jpg

19. Matej Lakota

Sometimes I take a break from cycling and except some "light" drives I mostly go to run, because I don t want my sports activities become too monotone. So, today s ride was real joyride over Jelovica, even weather was all the time on the edge and keep my attention with two questions, will there start to rain or maybe rather not :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.sports-tracker.com/workout/sripletix/59649210205b9b07ddbd0862

20. Velo Wringer

Velo Wringer Well-Known Member

Very nice! Epic path on top of that hill

Matej Lakota likes this.