• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

MTB New wheels & unboxing

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by SnyperAL, Aug 2, 2016.

Do you have a bell and use it?

1. yes

50.0%
  2. no

25.0%
  3. hahaha don't be silly

25.0%
  1. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

I was going to paste this in my thread but thought it perhaps worthy of its own.

Okay, so here it is. Delivered yesterday, assembled what little was required, and taken on a sedate 9 mile ride with the better half. A couple of notes, the front brake cable was incorrectly routed, so I've got to do a little tweak, and the bike was supplied with no reflectors or bell. I e-mailed their support and within ten minutes, they said that its not a legal requirement in most of the countries they ship to, and are happy to send them out to me. Also does anybody have a clue what the red and yellow plastic parts are for? I may have to e-mail support again but i dont want to pester them! Also check out the pedals, so glad i have my own to add.

Cheers for looking.

https://www.strava.com/activities/660799244

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Burke Wells

Burke Wells Well-Known Member

Happy New Bike Day! Mmmmm.... I love a good unboxing. Very nice and congrats on the new bike. I too, am curious as to what the red & yellow pieces are for. Regarding the reflectors & bell, had I actually received those items, I would've removed them or not attached them, but to each their own.

When casting my vote in the poll, I almost chose "hahaha don't be silly" just because that made me laugh but then I changed it to "no" as I'm far too slow to be sounding like an elitist snob. :laughing:

Bram and SnyperAL like this.
  3. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

A few years ago, i would've been the same about the Bell and reflectors. However the trail i regularly ride, gets quite populated on the sunnier days, and theres quite a few blind sharp turns so its just a courtesy really, for those moments when you meet a nutjob coming the other way.

4. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

Ooooooh nicey

I have a bell on the bikes where i might be on a shared use path. Primarily the touring bike and trike get the bell fitted. I didn't use one when I was proper offroading as the random dings drove me nuts

ETA the red plastic thing could be for going between the disk pads when shipping.

SnyperAL likes this.
  5. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Very nice bike!!!!:heart_eyes:

SnyperAL likes this.
  6. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

Congratulation for your new bike. I wish you many many miles on it.

SnyperAL likes this.
  7. Morten Wernersen

Morten Wernersen Member

uhh, nice bike! :)

Yes I have a bell on my race bike, cos I pass a lot of people, and I have reflectors and a bell on my mtb too, cos I plan to use it in the winter months :)

SnyperAL and arthur666 like this.
  8. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

Wow, they sent a nice pedal wrench with your new bike. They deserve some points for that.

Bells are cool! Always sound friendlier than I can ever sound saying "on your left". Even though I try to be polite, it doesn't always come out right. :)

SnyperAL likes this.
  9. Gavin

Gavin Member

Nice looking bike, good job putting it together. I voted ha ha don't be silly. It would ruin my aero performance and wouldn't be asteticly pleasing on my bike. Even though I commute through Dublin city I never feel the need to alert people. You should invest in good lights for your bike. I think it would be more beneficial than reflectors especially coming into this time of year. Many happy kms

SnyperAL likes this.