• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Tech Navigation

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by jimortality, May 14, 2017.

1. jimortality

jimortality Well-Known Member

What do you use to navigate your way around? I'm trying to find something that will maybe integrate with Strava. Google maps is good but I don't know how to have that running as well as recording my route in Strava. Cheers

2. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

Do you want turn by turn navigation? Strava premium offer this feature.
    Last year I used Locus map (with offline maps) for navigation in same time with Strava. I didn't need turn by turn navigation but Locus map has this feature. And better it is voice navigation.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    jimortality likes this.
  3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Really? Do you need to be connected with the interwebs to use that?

4. jimortality

jimortality Well-Known Member

I didn't really like locus maps so I'll use google for navigation and have strava running in the background to record my activity.

Flaviu likes this.
  5. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

Yes, unfortunately Strava don't offer offline maps. It is a BIG downside for, also, a very nice application.
    @jimortality It is a lot of offline maps navigators and you just test them and find what best suited you. And Google Maps it is ok. You have the option to store the map in chache and use it offline, and even navigation can be done offline. Just for fun, there is a Soviet Military Maps Free (Android) :cool:

jimortality likes this.