• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

MTB My First Cycling Videos

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Nov 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

This is my first video production in 10 years and my first cycling video haha. Will never be a pro but I want to learn the basics to record my rides properly.

Today I rode with @Ramon around our city with some small climbs and descents and beautiful forests.

2. James

James Active Member

Much better scenery than my ride today:

1) Mobile homes
    2) Lots of Donald Trump yard signs (will be glad when Nov 9 comes)
    3) Plenty of road kill
    4) A few buzzards enjoying that road kill
    5) Rednecks

Flaviu, Burke Wells and Bram like this.
  3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Oh Election Ride :)

4. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

Nice work Bram!
    Some great footage and beautiful scenery you have there! Just getting to grips with my cam too - I also haven't done any video stuff for years. Stay tuned for some snoozeworthy stuff from me once i figure out what what i'm doing :D

Bram likes this.
  5. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Can't wait to see it @dazzyb2k3. And of course if anybody wants to ride with us here in NL you are more than welcome!

6. Burke Wells

Burke Wells Well-Known Member

Nice video, Bram. I always enjoy seeing where others ride. It's great seeing the subtle differences in terrain, traffic, and scenery of where we all are spread out amongst the planet despite all sharing such a common interest/activity.
    James, my brother, we must be close neighbors, as that sounds like almost every ride I've done this year. :D

Bram and dazzyb2k3 like this.
  7. Bram

Bram Senior Member

New one! This time in Zeist on a singletrack.

Burke Wells likes this.
  8. jimortality

jimortality Well-Known Member

Is that with something like a go pro camera Bram?

9. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Yes, mounted to the handlebar.

jimortality likes this.
  10. Bram

Bram Senior Member

My ride through Utrecht City Center. Brakes were still wet from the bike cleaning, hence the squeaky sound in the beginning.

Used superview for recording which makes it look that I am really close to objects, but this wasn't the case irl.

Burke Wells likes this.
  11. jimortality

jimortality Well-Known Member

These Go pros are a bit expensive here, what's another close alternative? or maybe I could get something off ebay.

12. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

I have an ebay notaGoPro - watch this space

jimortality likes this.
  13. Bram

Bram Senior Member

No matter how many weather apps you install in your smartphone there will always be cycling days where the forecasts are WAY OFF.

Yesterday was such a day. The Weather Channel and my local TV station talked about a 5% chance of rain with clear skies in the afternoon. After a week of rain and cold weather that sounded like a nice prediction for a change. Time to head out on the bike for a long solid ride then. Guess what: 105% rain instead and rule #9 of the cycling bible enforced :)

We have an epic mainly unpaved cycle patch nearby called the Let de Stigterpad and I wanted to make it a round trip of roughly 80km completing this patch (and some more). You can watch a small piece of the ride as a video and ill run the full route soon when its better weather. Stay tuned!

Flaviu, jimortality and Burke Wells like this.
  14. Bram

Bram Senior Member

A very very foggy ride last Saturday.

Flaviu and Burke Wells like this.
  15. dazzyb2k3

Thanks Bram, Great footage. I really enjoyed watching that with my morning coffee :)

Seems we had pretty similar conditions this weekend - looks like a lovely area to ride too.

Bram likes this.
  16. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

A tech test using my GoPlo chinese knock off riding the ICE VTX . Not good but gives you a near eye view of riding my fast trike

17. Bram

Bram Senior Member

We don't have mountains over here but a few small hills that I try to tackle during my rides. This one I ride often including today.

18. dazzyb2k3

Did a timelapse of one of my regular rides last Saturday. Unfortunately the battery ran out about 15mins from home but still pretty cool. This is what 3hrs riding compressed into 5 mins looks like :)

19. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Oh that looks fabulous. Need to try that as well.

20. Bram

Bram Senior Member

New vid of the Canyon Inflite