• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Other Lateral collateral ligament pain

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Jan Larsen, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Well-Known Member

Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this, please move it somewhere else if there is one.

I've ridden my bike for 6 months now and I'm noticing some pain in my lateral collateral knee ligament in my right knee only. Have any of you experienced anything like it? I'm suspecting its my combination of wearing running shoes and using flat pedals that's the culprit, allowing the foot to move around.

[​IMG]

2. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

Firstly you don't need special shoes and clicky pedals to ride a bike . But I suggest you use footwear without any rake to the sole , for example flat soled BMX and MTB shoes ( Vans , 5 -10's etc)

Also do you stretch at all ?

3. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen Well-Known Member

Probably a good idea to try out other shoes.
    Stretching you say...I'm a sports person in general so I should know about stretching. Havent even thought of that though. Cheers, will try that next time out :)

4. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

I agree with Jim (don't need special shoes) to try another shoes. I also use running shoes on bike and never had any problem. Except some sore foot after more than an hour riding which is somewhat normal, considering quality of shoes I use.