• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Tech Innovative BikeClip now on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

keyvisual_BikeClip.jpg
    After successfully developing a multi bicycle bike stand for city municipalities, Dutch cyclist Maurice Paulssen is back. This time with an innovative bike stand for personal use, which he is launching on crowdfunding platform Kickstarter.

“The idea for BikeClip actually came to me after a bike trip with friends”, says CEO and Founder Paulssen. “We concluded that we needed a stand to easily park our bikes in while cleaning the bike, pumping tires, doing small repairs and lube chains. A stand as strong and safe as the ones I created in the past for city municipalities, but then for personal use and affordable. After doing some research I concluded that such a bike stand still had to be developed. And here we are.”

One size fits all bikes (and cyclists)
    BikeClip is designed with all types of bikes in mind. The patented ‘v-shape design’ holds race bikes, mountain bikes, city bikes and even electric bikes in place on their front or rear fork. This prevents unwanted damages to your bike. But BikeClip offers more than just a safer way to park your bike. It helps cyclists in keeping their garages organised and keeping their bikes in shape.

Mobile
    With weighing only 3.5 kilograms, you can easily pick BikeClip up and carry it with you on your next cycling trip (a travel bag is included). Paulssen: “The first prototypes are made with fibre reinforced plastics and lightweight aluminium to keep the stand lightweight yet strong and durable.” For extra sturdiness BikeClip can be filled with up to 10 litres of water or sand, while it can also be anchored into the ground.

Collaboration
    After pitching his idea to Eindhoven based start-up accelerator LUMO labs things went fast. The first prototypes were made and extensively tested amongst (semi) professional cyclists and ‘normal’ cyclists. This resulted in further improvements towards the final product, such as a cover that can carry a custom graphic design. Today the team takes the next and final step to mass production, by launching BikeClip on Kickstarter.

Kickstarter
    Paulssen: “Our goal is to collect € 20,000 with our Kickstarter campaign. This amount will help us to start producing BikeClip. Besides our prototypes we already sourced materials, selected a quality manufacturer for BikeClip and a great logistics partner. This makes us very confident in making BikeClip a worldwide success.”

Follow the BikeClip campaign on Kickstarter Here

BikeClip_carrying.jpg BikeClip_cover.jpg BikeClip_nocover1.jpg BikeClip_nocover2.jpg BikeClip_travelbag.jpg BikeClip_withcover.jpg

2. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

Not sure what i think about this TBH. It seems like a nice piece of engineering but I have a couple of basic metal stands (the kind they often use in bike shops) that disassemble in seconds with a couple of allen bolts. They fold completely flat (about the size of a large folded newspaper) and probably weigh less that a kilo.

I use them to hold the bike while i'm cleaning and doing basic maintenance, take them to events, and I've never had a single stability problem. Sure they don't look nearly as swanky but they cost a fraction of the price and i've never felt the need for anything else (apart from my workshop stand for the big jobs).

That said, there will be applications where something more heavy duty/robust is needed and this would be ideal for a big MTB or an electric bike. It's innovative and well built - if a tad over engineered for me.

Bram likes this.
  3. Sven

Sven New Member

Hi maybe this video shows the use a but more detailed.

dazzyb2k3 and Bram like this.
  4. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

It uses modern materials and techniques to fail to improve on an existing product - the basic metal stand.

SnyperAL and dazzyb2k3 like this.