• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Sport Giro d'Italia 2017 (Tour of Italy 2017)

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Flaviu, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Flaviu

Flaviu Well-Known Member

"Stage 21
    The start of the ITT is set on the home straight of the Autodromo Nazionale Monza. After completing one lap of the circuit, the stage course takes the pit lane and passes behind the paddocks to enter the Monza Park"
    Looks like cycling and motor sport are more and more interconnected.
    And we, here at cyclingdepartment, are in front of this movement :grinning:
    @Bram and on stage 16
    [​IMG]
    STELVIO !!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Bram, arthur666, dazzyb2k3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Bram

Bram Senior Member

I hope they take extra wide tyres up to 32mm so they can cut the corners more efficient :)

Giro schedule looks awesome.

3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Awesome stage today to the Etna <3

4. Flaviu

Flaviu Well-Known Member

Yep, until now it was a very enjoyable tour :). In stage 3 with that strong wind was a great finish. Also today (stage 5) will be an interesting finish
    T05_Messina_ARR_web-1.jpg

5. Flaviu

Flaviu Well-Known Member

Finally, after 5 stages the favorites to win riders start to appear on top 10 :)
    upload_2017-5-11_11-33-28.png

6. Flaviu

Flaviu Well-Known Member

What a great stage at Blockhaus for Quintana "El Condor de los Andes" :) And soooo much bad luck for Sky :(.
    I hope Mikel and Thomas did not suffer serious injuries.
    Also, I expect Nibali get in shape for the last week to see some good fights on those climbs.
    Anyway, until now it was a good tour to watch. I enjoyed every stage :heart:

7. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Tommie in Pink! Man, I think a Dutchy is finally going to win a big tour!!

8. Flaviu

Flaviu Well-Known Member

Yes, he is doing a great job until now. Yesterday was really amazing how respond to Quintana and win the stage. But for last week ... I don't know, Quintana it is a very powerful climber and even Nibali is expected to made some good climbings there. Indeed 2'47" it is a lot of time so Tom has a good chance to win this Giro. In 7 days will know for sure :)

9. Bram

Bram Senior Member

But there still is a TT coming as well where Tom will win valuable seconds again.

Flaviu likes this.
  10. Flaviu

Flaviu Well-Known Member

You are right ! And it is clear we will have a great race to watch :heart_eyes:

11. Flaviu

Flaviu Well-Known Member

What an unfortunate event for Tom :(:(:(:(
    I'm really really sad. Didn't deserve that to happen to him. I hope he will pass over and fight back.

12. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Yeah it seems to be his weakness. His bowels dont get enough blood when he is doing maximum effort on very high altitude. He hijacked a roadside parked mobilehome last year to take a dump haha.

Still in pink and I am glad he is not sick or something. Still good hopes for him.

Great race by Nibali, what a descending monster he is.

13. Flaviu

Flaviu Well-Known Member

Great day for Netherlands :party:.
    Jos and Tom :sun: Congratulation.
    What a final stage. Amazing battle. Great finish for Tom. It was a great Giro. I enjoyed every stage :)
    Now Sunday Critérium du Dauphiné !!!!

Bram and dazzyb2k3 like this.
  14. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Historic! I think i have been biting off all my nails yesterday watching those final meters of Quintana's TT when the chrono all of a sudden displayed on a 3" seconds gap. Almost started biting my toenails :)

Totally agree, this was an exciting giro

Flaviu likes this.