• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Road Dutch Tours

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Ricoow, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Ricoow

Ricoow Active Member

Hey all,
    Mainly the dutchies though, are any of you planning to ride in a 'fun' tour such as the 'Ronde van Noord-Holland' somewhere soon? Could you recommend a certain upcoming tour?
    Am looking to get into driving some tours with the NTFU, could maybe also be fun to go with a 'CyclingDepartment' team :)

2. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Count me in Rico! I'll arrange the teamwear :)

TeamWear.jpg

Wayne Morgan likes this.
  3. Ricoow

Ricoow Active Member

Do you want race or cycling on there as department? :p
    Love the color combination btw!

Already seen a few ones that look nice. But for a first tour I don't want to do a very long one, somewhere around 70km (or 50 with climbs)
    Bought myself a HB sensor and looking for a cadance sensor to improve my training rides and do around 120 by the end of september

Edit: Was thinking of joining this one on the 50km ride

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Bram likes this.
  4. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi New Member

I've been doing this one for the past few years and will definitely sign up for next year, once the sign ups open again.
    http://www.fietselfstedentocht.frl/
    235km sounds like a lot, but it's really not that bad. I'm a mountainbiker myself and I borrow my dad's roadbike for this and I was only struggling the first time. I suppose it's quite easy because it's completely flat, except for a few bridges and dikes.

Bram likes this.
  5. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Holy, 235k :) That's a challenge.

Accepted :)

Enzo Fazzi likes this.
  6. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi New Member

Imagine doing it with two little bits of iron under your feet. :D

7. Ricoow

Ricoow Active Member

235 is a whole damn lot :eek: Much-o practice-o