• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Road Carbon frames replicas from China

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Jan Volenec, Jul 23, 2016.

Carbon frames REPLICAs ( CHINA ) : Are they worth it ? Can you recommend it ?

1. YES !

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. NO !

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I´ve never tried it !

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. Jan Volenec

Jan Volenec New Member

Hi guys.
    I´m really glad there is a CYCLINGDEPARTMENT.
    I´m using RaceDepartment all the time and i love cycling.
    But why Im really glad to be on CD it is because i have a BIG question for other cycling lovers like me.

Just look at my Poll and if you will say YES, then also post your review in comment section and wehere did you buy it.

THANKS !! Really need some answers

2. Ricoow

Ricoow Active Member

I just dont trust this Chinese stuff, so I've never tried it.

I can recommend getting some replica shirts from there though, decent quality and for a shirt/jacket not a problem. Avoid the pants tho, the padding is making your butt sore after 30 km

3. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

It's not something I'd even consider.

4. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Aren't most carbon frames coming from China anyway?

Lazarou likes this.
  5. Jan Volenec

Jan Volenec New Member

That´s right , mate

6. Jan Volenec

Jan Volenec New Member

7. Ricoow

Ricoow Active Member

8. Jan Volenec

Jan Volenec New Member

that ´s right , mate

9. FLOKI

FLOKI Member

You could get lucky and get a frame that is ok but you are still spending money and then there are the safety issues.
    A high speed failure and the money saved would be the last thing on your mind!
    And the other concern for me if all went well would be ride quality as not all frames well none really ride the same as each other.
    I would want to know the ride quality would be what I want need desire.. Big gamble.

That said have a mate who bought a 50mil set of carbon wheels and he loves them and they have stayed true....At a fraction of the normal price.

SnyperAL likes this.
  10. Lazarou

Lazarou New Member

I was under the impression that virtually all carbon and bike components are made in the far east in China and Taiwan etc. Also like Floki my mate has bought a few sets of carbon wheels from China have they have been great for him.

They obviously know what they are doing over there, my issue would be quality control as I am sure it is not as stringent as someone like Pinarello when they get their container of frames in from China. You may end up with a bad one, you may not but how do you go about exchanging it, refund etc?

If you cant afford a Carbon frame that you can properly test ride and/or exchange if faulty. I would go for a decent aluminium instead.

Most manufactured goods are a risk, if your comfortable about binning it if it does not work out then go for it.

FLOKI likes this.