• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Road Canyon Introduces The First New 2017 Road Bikes With Disc Brakes

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX DISC 8_0 DI2 Cover.jpg
    After years of teasing Canyon have released their full line of disc brakes equipped road bikes for the 2017 season.

Last year the Koblenz based company was testing the waters with the Endurace CF SLX with 160mm rotors, and this year Canyon are not longer waiting on rule changes of the UCI and shift towards disc brakes almost entirely for their carbon road bikes for next year. The aerodynamic Aeroad, lightweight Ultimate and comfortable Endurace series now come with disc brakes and more tire clearance for rubber up to 32mm.

Although Canyon is known for their great spec to price ratio the top flight models of this year's series aren't cheap. However you do get absolute some of the best materials with new being the carbon top rims, made by Reynolds, on all SLX models. The SL range comes with lower specifications, though still of very decent quality, DT Swiss rims and a lower grade carbon and a lesser aero package compared to the SLX bikes.

Here is the full gallery of the upcoming range of disc bikes
    • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX - From €4199 - €5799
    • Canyon Ultimate CF SLX - From €4199 - €5499
    • Canyon Ultimate CF SL - From €2099 - €3599
    • Canyon Endurace CF SLX - From €4299 - €5799
    • Canyon Endurace CF SL - From €1999 - €3999
    Canyon Aeroad CF SLX Disc 8_0 DI2.jpg Canyon Aeroad CF SLX Disc 8_0.jpg Canyon Aeroad CF SLX Disc 9_0.jpg Canyon Aeroad WMN CF SLX Disc 8_0 DI2.jpg Canyon Ultimate CF SLX DISC 8_0 DI2.jpg Canyon Ultimate CF SLX DISC 8_0.jpg Canyon Ultimate CF SLX DISC 9_0.jpg Canyon WMN Ultimate CF SL DISC 9_0.jpg Canyon Ultimate CF SL DISC 8_0.jpg Canyon Ultimate CF SL DISC 9_0 Aero.jpg Canyon Ultimate CF SL DISC 9_0 DI2.jpg Canyon Ultimate CF SL DISC 9_0.jpg Canyon Endurace CF SLX DISC 8_0 DI2.jpg Canyon Endurace CF SLX DISC 8_0.jpg Canyon Endurace CF SLX DISC 9_0.jpg Canyon Endurace WMN CF SLX DISC 8_0 DI2.jpg Canyon Endurace CF SL DISC 8.0.jpg Canyon Endurace CF SL DISC 9_0 DI2.jpg Canyon Endurace CF SL DISC 9_0 SL.jpg Canyon Endurace CF SL DISC 9_0.jpg Canyon Endurace WMN CF SLX DISC 8_0 DI2.jpg

2. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

Another bike already @Bram ? lol

3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

I wish. If I have to pick it would this one. Stunning specs for a fair price. Love the colors too.

arthur666 likes this.
  4. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

lol, i picked out the exact same one before i clicked your link :cool:
    As always, a gorgeous lineup from Canyon. Like it or not discs are here to stay. Smart move IMO.

5. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

That makes me an early adopter? That's a first.

I'm pretty happy with discs. They do stop a lot better, but for me they're simply easier to adjust and service.
    If nothing else, they keep your rims from getting eaten up by brake pads.

6. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

Hehe I probably should have clarified i meant discs on thoroghbred road bikes. I realize they've been accepted as the norm for a while in other genres.

No question my next build (hopefully next year) will be running discs. There's almost no reason not to these days.

arthur666 likes this.
  7. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Group buy???