• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

MTB Bold’s proprietary suspension design tucks shock inside the frame

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Günthar, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Günthar

Günthar Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

“The shock is hidden away from both sight and muck,” explains product manager Oliver Kreuter, while pointing toward the seat and downtube junction. “There’s a removable cover that allows the mechanic to easily install or service a shock, so there’s no complications there and we think no performance disadvantages. There’s even room for internal routing of cables without interference.”

At present producing low numbers, the largely direct to consumer label has two bikes – a 130mm and a 154mm enduro machine – both of which roll on 29-inch wheels, though could house 27.5+.

“We work closely with our neighbours DT Swiss, so typically we will spec their shocks and wheels on our bikes. The shocks featured in our frameset and bike packages have valves and levers easily accessible at the base for on the fly adjustment,” adds Kreuter.

Jim Layee, Bram and Berkyx like this.
  2. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

A neat and tidy solution

3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Nifty solution indeed, but what happens when the shock breaks?

Günthar likes this.
  4. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

It is a lid at the bottom of the frame (second picture)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

It certainly looks nice and clean. On a full-suspension bike though, I wouldn't want to place the shock somewhere un-optimal for the sake of looks or avoiding a little muck.

6. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

Definitely a very clean and clever design but i'm not convinced of the practicality for an everyday rider. On MTB's i'm a big fan of keeping things accessible where they can be easily inspected/cleaned and serviced.