• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Road Bike Fitting Experiences

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

I've made an appointment for a full bike fit session tomorrow morning. If you are curious to do the same i'll update this thread with my findings.

In the meantime if you have any bike fitting experiences yourself please do post them here as well.

PicoBp and Gavin like this.
  2. jimortality

jimortality Well-Known Member

Are you buying a new bike? what are you getting?

3. Burke Wells

Burke Wells Well-Known Member

After seeing his bike in the other thread, I suspect he's getting his saddle lowered. :laughing:

jimortality and Gavin like this.
  4. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Nono. Same bike ;) But I like to have all the data for a future bike :)

jimortality likes this.
  5. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Actually it was already in the correct range. After extending the stem from 11 to 13 cm the seat went down for a few millimeters.

All in all this was a great experience and learned a lot.

Did one ride yesterday with the new settings and will do another one today to see how it goes.

arthur666 likes this.
  6. Burke Wells

Burke Wells Well-Known Member

Very nice! Congrats on having a professional fit done. I've never had one and have often wondered how different the results would be from how I've currently got the bike adjusted.

Bram likes this.
  7. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

I've met quite a few people who've had expensive bike fits and read even more threads about it. Funny thing is not one had their bike set up 'correctly' before paying , not a single one .... go figure.

I have several bikes and they are set up differently because they do different thing.

My two penneth is unless you have an actual problem riding your bike or race at a reasonably high level ( cat 2 or above ) you're wasting your time.
    But if for you all it's part of the fun for you then go for it.