• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Road Best stuff for cleaning a bike?

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by SnyperAL, Jul 13, 2016.

1. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

What is the best gear for cleaning a bike and lubricating a chain?

Cheers,
    AL

2. Bram

Bram Senior Member

For my chains I am using Dasty which they sell at a local retailer here. Its great for in-house cleaning but works well on the chain too.

For my road and mountain bike I got a special cleaner of which I forgot the name. Will look it up for you soon :)

SnyperAL likes this.
  3. arthur666

arthur666 Senior Member

I like a light amount of Triflow for lube. Great for chain and cables, derailleur pivots etc.

A friend just recommended baby-wipes for cleaning the frame and crankarms etc. Haven't tried it yet, but makes sense to me. :)

SnyperAL likes this.
  4. SnyperAL

SnyperAL Well-Known Member

Excellent, I'll look into these, my MTB has seen some action and needs a little tune up. Pictures to come soon..

5. Gavin

Gavin Member

After washing my bike I use WD40. Spray it on a cloth and wipe over the frame and wheels. Gives the bike a shiny clean finish. For the chain I use TF2 ultimate.