• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Other Back in the Saddle

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by jimortality, Jun 30, 2016.

1. jimortality

jimortality Well-Known Member

So I've recently returned to work having been off for a number of months through ill health and today was the first time since January that I've been on my bike! Cycling is my normal mode of transport to work but I've been getting the bus since I started back a couple of weeks ago. I kept telling myself, tomorrow, tomorrow and that would turn into next week then it would be raining but today I've done it! it's only 10km round trip but when your carrying an extra 20kg with a heart condition, it's plenty. Even after my heart attack, I got up to doing about 20km rides so that would be nice to get back to that level. Maybe I can go different routes home to get some extra mileage in but like work, I'm having to take it step by step.

Burke Wells, Rupe68 and Andrew like this.
  2. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Way to go @jimortality. Tomorrow starts today! Good call.

Rupe68, Andrew and jimortality like this.
  3. Paul Garrett

Paul Garrett Member

Outstanding! The kilometers will add up faster than you realize if you commute daily. It's great that you can. I always wanted to but have never been in a situation where it was possible. Keep it up as much as you can. And as the song says, "Take the long way home." :)

4. Rupe68

Rupe68 Member

Back in the saddle, Well i was out the saddle. Iv'e just fitted new brake blocks.. Wow the stopping power is way better to good infant i was not use to it. almost a stoppy and 10 m before i needed too.....

5. Petra

Petra Well-Known Member