• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

MTB Awesome Mountain Bike Locations in Germany?

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Alps Cycling Mountain Bike.jpg
    Will be going on a week's holiday in July and Germany will be most like the country of choice because of the awesome nature to drive through with a mountain bike.

I am not looking for an expert level environment where only beast-mode is required, but more a fabulous scenery, mountains and relatively easy routes.

First option is the beautiful Teutoburger Wald which is relatively close by. Secondly my geography/history heart is pounding like crazy for the spectacular German Alps and specially Berchtesgaden.

Any other parts of Germany that I have been overlooking that are a must see? Would the Alps be too much for two re-discovering cyclists?

Andrew likes this.
  2. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein Active Member

Cant speak for Berchtesgaden, but I have been in Schwangau this year, but only got to ride on two days. I have been there on a road bike, but saw lots of MTBs. The great thing was that you can ride flat road as well as hills, go over to Austria by bike and in Füssen are big outlets with cycling gear which was good on the rainy day. They also have a lift taking you up a near mountain and you can go down by MTB.

Cant compare it to other locations in the Alps, but I really enjoyed it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Petra, Andrew and Bram like this.
  3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Oh that looks and sounds like a pretty damn beautiful location as well.. Another one to consider. Thanks Frederic.

Andrew likes this.
  4. Andrew

Andrew Member

I am living in Mainz. So, the rhine is 10 Kilometers away. Some very beautifull tracks for cycling are there.
    csm_rheinradweg_b55fe4d107.jpg rheinradweg_334322.jpg rheintalradweg.jpg

And this link: http://www.rhinecycleroute.eu/

Bram likes this.
  5. Frederic Schornstein

Andrew likes this.
  6. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Living 10km from the Rhine :)

Andrew and Frederic Schornstein like this.
  7. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Decision has been made. In a few weeks from now we'll be biking around Winterberg in the Sauerland region. Really looking forward to it!

Winterberg Mountain Bike.jpg

Petra likes this.
  8. Frederic Schornstein

Funny lived relatively close to there until I was 19 ;)

9. Bram

Bram Senior Member

So we have arrived. Crap weather for now but a great view :)

20160716_160223.jpg

Jim Layee likes this.