• “I don’t ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days” – Unknown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Other A Happy 2017

Discussion in 'Cycling Department Forum' started by Bram, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Dear CD members,

From here I'd like to wish you all a fabulous, healthy and speedy 2017 with many many many hours in the saddle.

For me personally (the second half of) 2016 has been a life changer and I can't wait to continue and improve in the coming year.

All the best!

Bram

2. dazzyb2k3

dazzyb2k3 Well-Known Member

+1

Thanks for all your work on this great little forum Bram (and others!). Let's hope it goes from strengh to strength in 2017!

My main goal for next year is to sell all the bikes/cycling stuff and other junk i never use. With a little luck and some topping up from the bank account this should let me build the next N+1. I fancy an endurance machine for those really long days in the saddle with the ability to handle some light gravel/adventure riding. Perhaps something steel or even Ti for that classic timeless quality.

Riding wise, I'll be doing the Prudential 100 (which i do each year as it's right on my doorstep) aside from that, nothing specific planned. I'll pick up a few adhock sportives as some motivation to keep riding and training. It's been a while since i rode outside the UK so maybe a trip abroad at some stage. I also have a close female cycling buddy who spent most of last year out with multiple injuries after a massive crash. She's sorely missed and really struggling with the idea of getting back on the bike so I'm hoping i can help rebuild some confidence, get her back to fitness and enjoying riding again.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    jimortality, Flaviu and Bram like this.
  3. Bram

Bram Senior Member

Not sure if 2017 isn't too early for that, but we should definitely do a cycling meeting at some point. I'd really love that.:heart:

jimortality and Flaviu like this.
  4. jimortality

jimortality Well-Known Member

Happy New Year Bram and to all members :)

Flaviu likes this.
  5. Flaviu

Flaviu Senior Member

Happy New Year to all of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimortality likes this.
  6. Jim Layee

Jim Layee Senior Member

Have a pedal powered year whatever you chose to ride :)

Bram likes this.